Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > what software to copy drive image?

what software to copy drive image?

George

I want to upgrade my laptop from a 30GB 4200rpm drive to a 60GB 7200rpm
drive (Hitachi 7K60) and would like to find a good software package that can
handle transferring EVERYTHING and won't get upset about the different
partition sizes. Ideally, it will move the OS, system files, hidden files,
applications, everything...is there anything good out there for this use?

I picked up adapters so that I can temporarily move both IDE drives into a
desktop system for the transfer.

TIA

George

Thor

Norton Ghost.

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to upgrade my laptop from a 30GB 4200rpm drive to a 60GB 7200rpm
> drive (Hitachi 7K60) and would like to find a good software package that

can
> handle transferring EVERYTHING and won't get upset about the different
> partition sizes. Ideally, it will move the OS, system files, hidden

files,
> applications, everything...is there anything good out there for this use?
>
> I picked up adapters so that I can temporarily move both IDE drives into a
> desktop system for the transfer.
>
> TIA
>
> George

HF

Download the drive instal software from the drive mfrs website.!!!!!!
"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to upgrade my laptop from a 30GB 4200rpm drive to a 60GB 7200rpm
> drive (Hitachi 7K60) and would like to find a good software package that

can
> handle transferring EVERYTHING and won't get upset about the different
> partition sizes. Ideally, it will move the OS, system files, hidden

files,
> applications, everything...is there anything good out there for this use?
>
> I picked up adapters so that I can temporarily move both IDE drives into a
> desktop system for the transfer.
>
> TIA
>
> George

---

George

Does that still exist or was it discontinued when Symantec acquired Disk
(Drive?) Image?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Norton Ghost.
>

> "George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I want to upgrade my laptop from a 30GB 4200rpm drive to a 60GB 7200rpm
> > drive (Hitachi 7K60) and would like to find a good software package that

> can
> > handle transferring EVERYTHING and won't get upset about the different
> > partition sizes. Ideally, it will move the OS, system files, hidden

> files,
> > applications, everything...is there anything good out there for this

use?

> > I picked up adapters so that I can temporarily move both IDE drives into

> > desktop system for the transfer.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > George

Thor

yes it still exists.

http://www.ghost.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does that still exist or was it discontinued when Symantec acquired Disk
> (Drive?) Image?
>
> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Norton Ghost.
> >

> > "George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I want to upgrade my laptop from a 30GB 4200rpm drive to a 60GB

7200rpm
> > > drive (Hitachi 7K60) and would like to find a good software package

that
> > can
> > > handle transferring EVERYTHING and won't get upset about the different
> > > partition sizes. Ideally, it will move the OS, system files, hidden

> > files,
> > > applications, everything...is there anything good out there for this

> use?
> > >
> > > I picked up adapters so that I can temporarily move both IDE drives

into
> > > desktop system for the transfer.
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > George

Trent©

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:17:43 -0500, "George" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I want to upgrade my laptop from a 30GB 4200rpm drive to a 60GB 7200rpm
>drive (Hitachi 7K60) and would like to find a good software package that can
>handle transferring EVERYTHING and won't get upset about the different
>partition sizes. Ideally, it will move the OS, system files, hidden files,
>applications, everything...is there anything good out there for this use?
>
>I picked up adapters so that I can temporarily move both IDE drives into a
>desktop system for the transfer.
>
>TIA
>
>George

Like Thor, George, I recommend Ghost.

But, if you want to look at a couple of new products...and I think
they can be used for evaluation...

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/

I've often used BootItNG...but I've never used the image program. I
just got that download...and I might try it today.

Anyway...good luck.

Have a nice week...

Trent