Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > USB 1.1 to 2.0 card for Sony desktop

Reply
Thread Tools

USB 1.1 to 2.0 card for Sony desktop

 
 
johnpower@verobeachlaw.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:24:39 -0500, "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>
>> >

>> Thanks fro the info. I went to the site and looked but did not see
>> what I thought you were describing. I was wondering if you could post
>> a link or a part description.

>
>http://www.iogear.com/products/product.php?Item=GUH203C
>

Thanks. I missed that. Am I going to have to give up my floppy for
this? My other 2 drive bays are taken up with optical drives. If so,
I can just get an external USB floppy or use my thumb drive.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Thor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:24:39 -0500, "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >> >
> >> Thanks fro the info. I went to the site and looked but did not see
> >> what I thought you were describing. I was wondering if you could post
> >> a link or a part description.

> >
> >http://www.iogear.com/products/product.php?Item=GUH203C
> >

> Thanks. I missed that. Am I going to have to give up my floppy for
> this? My other 2 drive bays are taken up with optical drives. If so,
> I can just get an external USB floppy or use my thumb drive.


Depends. If you have an empty external 3.5" bay above or below your floppy
drive, then no. If your case only provides one 3.5" external bay, then
you'll either have to use a 5.25" bay, or move something external as you
suggested. The USB port comes in a 5.25" adpater that can be removed and it
leaves a 3.5" panel. So take your pick. Sounds like you may have a fairly
small and restrictive case.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
johnpower@verobeachlaw.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2004
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 07:27:47 -0500, "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:24:39 -0500, "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >
>> >
>> >> >
>> >> Thanks fro the info. I went to the site and looked but did not see
>> >> what I thought you were describing. I was wondering if you could post
>> >> a link or a part description.
>> >
>> >http://www.iogear.com/products/product.php?Item=GUH203C
>> >

>> Thanks. I missed that. Am I going to have to give up my floppy for
>> this? My other 2 drive bays are taken up with optical drives. If so,
>> I can just get an external USB floppy or use my thumb drive.

>
>Depends. If you have an empty external 3.5" bay above or below your floppy
>drive, then no. If your case only provides one 3.5" external bay, then
>you'll either have to use a 5.25" bay, or move something external as you
>suggested. The USB port comes in a 5.25" adpater that can be removed and it
>leaves a 3.5" panel. So take your pick. Sounds like you may have a fairly
>small and restrictive case.
>

Yes, I only have 2 5 1/2s and 1 3.5. I think I'll just dump the floppy
and get an external one. I think they have bus powered floppy drives
don't they?

Thanks again
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2004

> >Depends. If you have an empty external 3.5" bay above or below your

floppy
> >drive, then no. If your case only provides one 3.5" external bay, then
> >you'll either have to use a 5.25" bay, or move something external as you
> >suggested. The USB port comes in a 5.25" adpater that can be removed and

it
> >leaves a 3.5" panel. So take your pick. Sounds like you may have a fairly
> >small and restrictive case.
> >

> Yes, I only have 2 5 1/2s and 1 3.5. I think I'll just dump the floppy
> and get an external one. I think they have bus powered floppy drives
> don't they?


yes, I believe so.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Trent©
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-16-2004
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 07:52:19 -0500, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Yes, I only have 2 5 1/2s and 1 3.5. I think I'll just dump the floppy
>and get an external one. I think they have bus powered floppy drives
>don't they?


Make sure you can boot to USB...or the floppy drive will be pretty
much useless.

Personally, I'd try to get rid of one of the optical drives. There's
a lot of combo drives out there now.


Have a nice week...

Trent

Follow Joan Rivers' example --- get pre-embalmed!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
desktop 1 westell versalink 327w desktop 2 Belkin wireless G usb N Mechelle Wireless Networking 1 12-05-2007 04:24 PM
4 Sale : Sony DSC-R1 Cybershot Selling $899.00 + 2GB Sony Memory Card sonyr1au@yahoo.com Digital Photography 8 11-21-2006 04:47 AM
4 Sale : Sony DSC-R1 Cybershot Selling $899.00 + 2GB Sony Memory Card sonyr1au@yahoo.com Digital Photography 0 11-20-2006 02:05 AM
Re: USB issue ... some USB 2 ports working only in USB 1 mode hungsolo2005@yahoo.com A+ Certification 0 06-14-2006 07:26 PM
PCI Card or USB to make my Desktop wireless? Diosmaya Wireless Networking 3 03-07-2006 07:31 PM



Advertisments