Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Webpage Software

Webpage Software

Representative Trantis

Can anyone please recommend a good software package for designing and
writing webpages, to enable you to build your own homepage?

Thank.

DeMoN LaG

"Representative Trantis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:c0e10g$kb2$1
@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk:

> Can anyone please recommend a good software package for designing and
> writing webpages, to enable you to build your own homepage?

notepad.exe

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Pepperoni

You have Front Page Express with your Operating software. (it may not be
installed) It does not have the full functionality of Front Page, but it
can be used (with some effort) for writing pages. There are probably
numerous free web authoring programs, and others will likely recommend them.
I use Front Page 2000 exclusively, and can't recommend others. Front Page
full version is a retail program with more functionality than Front Page
Express.

Two things you will need are web space (your isp probably has space
available for your use; you may need to sign up for this <don't forget to
make a note of the web address>) and a FTP Utility (file transfer
protocol). Your ISP may have a web based system for uploading files, or you
can use WS_FTP LE from ipswitch. Free download at:
http://www.ipswitch.com/downloads/index.html (last entry at bottom of the
page) KEEP YOUR WEB ACCOUNT PASSWORD TO YOURSELF (web site FTP
password) ---- do not allow anyone to have this, as they COULD trash your
site.

Most ISPs have tutorials for writing and uploading pages, and there are many
online, including specific tutorials for Front Page and WS_FTP.

Think about what you want on your pages. Pictures in JPEG format and music
in MIDI format are easiest to use. (Music is somewhat difficult lately
because of copyright issues, but that's a whole chapter in itself)

Lots of people (including myself) will be willing to help you with a few
pages, but the point *IS* to learn the process yourself, so you can write
your own. It is not difficult, but proper procedures and good work habits
make the pages work.

Good luck

Pepperoni
http://thuxton.home.comcast.net/fireworks.htm
http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/index.htm

"Representative Trantis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0e10g$kb2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone please recommend a good software package for designing and
> writing webpages, to enable you to build your own homepage?
>
> Thank.

Rob-J

The easies I have used is netobjects fusion. You can download a free tiral
version from their site:
www.netobjects.com

"Representative Trantis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0e10g$kb2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone please recommend a good software package for designing and
> writing webpages, to enable you to build your own homepage?
>
> Thank.

Joe

I have used Netobjects Fusion. Here is a link to a website I built for my
dads tractor business.

http://www.bamatractorman.com

This site was done completely in fusion with photo editing in Photoshop. I
think it made a decent basic site. The program is very automated and pretty
easy to learn. It is probably not the choice if you know HTML and need to
build professionally but for a home user it works pretty well and has a
minimal learning curve.

Joe

news:(E-Mail Removed)...