Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > New motherboard?

New motherboard?

Dawn

Do I have to erase my hard drive in order to install a new motherboard.
Dawn

Alex Devlin

On 08 Feb 2004, Dawn wrote:

> Do I have to erase my hard drive in order to install a new motherboard.
> Dawn

Try doing it without and see if Windows takes to it ok.
If it doesn't and starts giving errors then do a fresh install.
I have done it in the past with no problems but also had to do a fresh
install once or twice.

--
Alex Devlin

Good friends will bail you out of jail...
... True friends will be sitting there with you saying "Damn. That was
fun!"

Kenny Cargill

If you're using XP boot from the CD and use the "repair" option. Win98 or
ME would advise format and re-install.
--

Kenny

"Dawn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2MvVb.32056$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do I have to erase my hard drive in order to install a new motherboard.
> Dawn

mark mandel

"Dawn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2MvVb.32056$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do I have to erase my hard drive in order to install a new motherboard.
> Dawn

If it's Win98, there's the hassle of downloading drivers(either through
Windows\options\cabs)or using the CD provided drivers for the various
devices.
It can be a true test of how patient you are. But once you get through, the
OS should work fine.

Mark Mandell