Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > XP Home preinstallation kit

XP Home preinstallation kit

Vince Slevin

How do you use the Windows XP preinstallation kit? I will need to use it
when I sell computers. Thanks.

Thor

I just posted the links with the answer to this yesterday in another thread
titled "when selling an XP computer".

"Vince Slevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> How do you use the Windows XP preinstallation kit? I will need to use it
> when I sell computers. Thanks.

Vince Slevin

You didn't post a link or say how to use it.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> You didn't post a link or say how to use it.

I most certainly did. It was posted on Feb. 6 in reply to "gg pynadnaski".
The full message with the links I mentioned are pasted below. They fully
describe it's usage.

http://tinyurl.com/37o4e

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/...stall/OPK.mspx

"gg pynadnaski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> How would one use this "preinstall kit" that this Thor guy is mentioning.
> Thanks.
> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > AFAIK, the preinstall kit just allows you to set up the install for

later
> > completion by the end user. You still need the OEM Windows CD (in fact

the
> > OEM preinstall kit might be included on the OEM CD). As for how you use

> the
> > preinstall kit, follow the documentation that accompanies it.
> >

> > ..
> > "gg pynadnaski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > I've seen those for as little as $5. Do you also need the OEM CD? How

> > would
> > > you use the preinstall CD? Thanks.
> > > "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

you
> > > set

> end-user

install
> > some

the

> > installation,

this?
> > > Thanks

Vince Slevin

Thanks for the links. I looked back at that thread and you didn't post any
links, or if you did my computers ot showing them. It shows that you posted
these two messages:

You need the OEM preinstall kit from Microsoft. This should allow you to set
up and configure the installation then set the unit up for the end-user
validation/activation.

AFAIK, the preinstall kit just allows you to set up the install for later
completion by the end user. You still need the OEM Windows CD (in fact the
OEM preinstall kit might be included on the OEM CD). As for how you use the
preinstall kit, follow the documentation that accompanies it.

Below your writing was just what gg pndanski wrote. Maybe you posted another
one that I never got somehow. Thanks for the links.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Vince Slevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > You didn't post a link or say how to use it.

> I most certainly did. It was posted on Feb. 6 in reply to "gg

pynadnaski".
> The full message with the links I mentioned are pasted below. They fully
> describe it's usage.
>

> http://tinyurl.com/37o4e
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/...stall/OPK.mspx
>

> "gg pynadnaski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > How would one use this "preinstall kit" that this Thor guy is

mentioning.
> > Thanks.
> > "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > AFAIK, the preinstall kit just allows you to set up the install for

> later
> > > completion by the end user. You still need the OEM Windows CD (in fact

> the
> > > OEM preinstall kit might be included on the OEM CD). As for how you

use
> > the
> > > preinstall kit, follow the documentation that accompanies it.
> > >

> > > ..
> > > "gg pynadnaski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

How
> > > would

> you

> > end-user

> install
> > > some

> the
> > > installation,

> this?

Vince Slevin

Does it format the hard drive?
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Vince Slevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > You didn't post a link or say how to use it.

> I most certainly did. It was posted on Feb. 6 in reply to "gg

pynadnaski".
> The full message with the links I mentioned are pasted below. They fully
> describe it's usage.
>

> http://tinyurl.com/37o4e
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/...stall/OPK.mspx
>

> "gg pynadnaski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > How would one use this "preinstall kit" that this Thor guy is

mentioning.
> > Thanks.
> > "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > AFAIK, the preinstall kit just allows you to set up the install for

> later
> > > completion by the end user. You still need the OEM Windows CD (in fact

> the
> > > OEM preinstall kit might be included on the OEM CD). As for how you

use
> > the
> > > preinstall kit, follow the documentation that accompanies it.
> > >

> > > ..
> > > "gg pynadnaski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

How
> > > would

> you

> > end-user

> install
> > > some

> the
> > > installation,

> this?

Thor

> Thanks for the links. I looked back at that thread and you didn't post any
> links, or if you did my computers ot showing them. It shows that you

posted
> these two messages:
>
> You need the OEM preinstall kit from Microsoft. This should allow you to

set
> up and configure the installation then set the unit up for the end-user
> validation/activation.
>
> AFAIK, the preinstall kit just allows you to set up the install for later
> completion by the end user. You still need the OEM Windows CD (in fact the
> OEM preinstall kit might be included on the OEM CD). As for how you use

the
> preinstall kit, follow the documentation that accompanies it.
>

> Below your writing was just what gg pndanski wrote. Maybe you posted

another
> one that I never got somehow. Thanks for the links.

The post in question showed up on my server, and it's on Google. Both had
the links. I think your server just didn't get that post. I posted three
times in that thread. Whatever, glad the info was helpful.

http://tinyurl.com/ywpl5

Thor

> Does it format the hard drive?

I think that happens automatically when the image is put on the destination
computer. The OPK CD has detailed instructions for deployment.

Vince Slevin

Thanks
news:(E-Mail Removed)...