Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > re: Janet Jackson

re: Janet Jackson

mark mandel

M.-----

I was just searching in vain for today's paper(which I had the misfortune of
tossing out to clean up this place)because of a column having to do with
Janet Jackson's breast "unbaring" during the half time of the Superbowl.
For it I had kept it I could have quoted exactly what the authors of the
column said. But essentially in the article they expressed the opinion that
Justin Timberlake's action with her evoked the memory of the sexual aspects
to slavery in the South, that is to say the exploitation of the black female
which in their view was very much part and parcel of the slavery experience
in the antebellum South.

You might offer me your "take" on that if you wish. I tend to think that
everyone offers his or her own take of course depending on what their
perception is. Joe Walker might readily agree for instance with that
assessment. I'm not even sure what my stand on this is. The incident in
and of itself hardly shocked me; I didn't see it and that wouldn't have
mattered at all anyway if I had.

Mark

me