Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > an underline apears on certain words in the browser what does this mean??

an underline apears on certain words in the browser what does this mean??

milo

hi, i got explorer ver 6.2600, any way when browsing some sites i
and it says some thing like , travel this way, or fly here but the word
travel and fly for example are underlined, whats this mean and can i get rid
of it
thanks

Milo (Im not wierd just mental sometimes)
___

Chet

Those are probably links to other web sites. If you don't want them
underlined go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and look for the entry
"underline links" and choose always, hover (when the cursor is over it) or
never.
"milo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi, i got explorer ver 6.2600, any way when browsing some sites i
> and it says some thing like , travel this way, or fly here but the word
> travel and fly for example are underlined, whats this mean and can i get

rid
> of it
> thanks
>

> Milo (Im not wierd just mental sometimes)
> ___

Thor

If it's not a normal hyperlink, and you are seeing the same types of words
underlined on every site, then you probably have some spyware on your
system. "TopText" is one that will do this. It reads the webpages you visit
and creates hyperlinks on the page that the original page never had.
Clicking them will usually lead you to some advertising website that had
paid the creators of TopText (and other companies like it) to link their
sites in this way. Get "Spybot Search and Destroy". It's a free download,
and will probably clean this up.

"milo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi, i got explorer ver 6.2600, any way when browsing some sites i
> and it says some thing like , travel this way, or fly here but the word
> travel and fly for example are underlined, whats this mean and can i get

rid
> of it
> thanks
>

> Milo (Im not wierd just mental sometimes)
> ___

Night_Seer

Thor wrote:
> If it's not a normal hyperlink, and you are seeing the same types of
> words underlined on every site, then you probably have some spyware
> on your system. "TopText" is one that will do this. It reads the
> webpages you visit and creates hyperlinks on the page that the
> original page never had. Clicking them will usually lead you to some
> advertising website that had paid the creators of TopText (and other
> companies like it) to link their sites in this way. Get "Spybot
> Search and Destroy". It's a free download, and will probably clean
> this up.
>

> ..
> "milo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hi, i got explorer ver 6.2600, any way when browsing some sites i
>> and it says some thing like , travel this way, or fly here but the
>> word travel and fly for example are underlined, whats this mean and
>> can i get rid of it
>> thanks
>>

>> Milo (Im not wierd just mental sometimes)
>> ___

Actually many websites are using this as a new form of advertisement.
But they usually double underline the words, so you know its an
advertisement link. I didn't know there was spyware that actually did
this, and its another thing I'll have to look out for.

--
Night_Seer