Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Network Printer

Network Printer

Chuck

I have three computers (all USB capable). I would like to use a common
printer for all three computers and save some desk space.

The printer I want to use is an HP5650deskjet. What is the easiest and
least expensive way to install the printer with the computers?

Chuck

Thor

Buy a 3 way USB printer/device switch. Install the printer drivers on each
machine with the printer connected. Then connect the switch.

"Chuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:40201883_4@127.0.0.1...
> I have three computers (all USB capable). I would like to use a common
> printer for all three computers and save some desk space.
>
> The printer I want to use is an HP5650deskjet. What is the easiest and
> least expensive way to install the printer with the computers?
>
> Chuck

Night_Seer

Chuck wrote:
> I have three computers (all USB capable). I would like to use a
> common printer for all three computers and save some desk space.
>
> The printer I want to use is an HP5650deskjet. What is the easiest
> and least expensive way to install the printer with the computers?
>
> Chuck

Get a print server (assuming all three of these computers are networked
to some sort of hub).

--
Night_Seer

Duane Arnold

"Chuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:40201883_4@127.0.0.1:

> I have three computers (all USB capable). I would like to use a common
> printer for all three computers and save some desk space.
>
> The printer I want to use is an HP5650deskjet. What is the easiest and
> least expensive way to install the printer with the computers?
>
> Chuck

You can get a cheap router for like $20 and let it be the gateway for the
LAN and hook the printer to one computer. If using MS Networking and File
and Print Sharing, all your computers can network share the one printer.

Duane

Trent©

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:54:10 -0500, "Chuck" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have three computers (all USB capable). I would like to use a common
>printer for all three computers and save some desk space.
>
>The printer I want to use is an HP5650deskjet. What is the easiest and
>least expensive way to install the printer with the computers?

Get a router with a built-in print server.

Have a nice week...

Trent