Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Best Way to "Format" Plain Text for Email

Best Way to "Format" Plain Text for Email

Edge

What is quickest way to convert msword 95 docs to ASCII text to keep basic
formatting when sending through email? The document just needs to be left
justified, allow vertical spacing and not change the format once I send the
email. What I do now is save existing word doc as txt with line breaks. Then
open new word doc using courier new 12pt and 1" margins on each side for a
65 character column width. (I am told this number of characters is common to
most email systems). Copy and Paste the text from the txt file into the new
word doc. Manually add and delete returns to fit the 65 column width (time
consuming). Lastly, cut and paste to new email window and send.

I am running win 95 and OE 5.5.

TIA

Email header text/calendar vs text/plain TimmyC ASP .Net 0 06-08-2007 09:59 AM
Best way to convert html to plain text in java? google@lrlart.com Java 7 07-04-2006 06:29 AM
Plain text email? Inkiniteo Python 11 06-28-2005 01:13 PM
inlining a text/plain mime attachment into email Matthew Lenz Perl 0 02-22-2005 05:39 PM
mailto link in plain text email Jeff Thies HTML 3 12-23-2004 09:41 PM

Advertisments