Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > On or off

On or off

Rick

Best way to use a computer is what ? turning it off at night or keeping it
"on" all the time?
Thanks

Thor

No published statistical evidence either way as to which is really better.
There are pros and cons for both. Just do what you want.

news:f1xTb.2522$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Best way to use a computer is what ? turning it off at night or keeping

it
> "on" all the time?
> Thanks

Plato

Rick wrote:

> Best way to use a computer is what ? turning it off at night or keeping it
> "on" all the time?

Dont matter. Just shut your monitor off to make it last longer.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

bambam

"Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:f1xTb.2522$(E-Mail Removed):

> Best way to use a computer is what ? turning it off at night or
> keeping it "on" all the time?

Off, if you are not using it for anything turn it off.

<quote>

If every computer and monitor in the United States were turned off at
night, the nation could shut down 8 large power stations and avoid
emitting 7 million tons of CO2 per year.

The Portland Office of Sustainable Development

<quote>

http://www.sbpac.com/SavingTip.cfm

I'm not sure how acurate the above figures are and it doesn't really
matter, the point is the same.
Here are another couple of interesting links-

http://www.lbl.gov/ehs/wastemin/gree...ompenergy.html

http://www.tufts.edu/tie/tci/Computers.html

--
Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?