Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Can't Change Home Page

Can't Change Home Page

Bob

I can't change the Home Page on Internet Explorer. When I go to Internet
Options, General the Address and Icon Buttons for Home Page are in shadow.
All of the other functions under General work fine.

I've tried clicking on the make this my homepage at various web sites but it
won't change anything.

I normally use Netscape 7.1 for my browser but I would like to be able to
set a home page for MSN IE too.

Thanks,

Bob

colin

Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can't change the Home Page on Internet Explorer. When I go to Internet
> Options, General the Address and Icon Buttons for Home Page are in shadow.
> All of the other functions under General work fine.
>
> I've tried clicking on the make this my homepage at various web sites but

it
> won't change anything.
>
> I normally use Netscape 7.1 for my browser but I would like to be able to
> set a home page for MSN IE too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index...ic=7877&st=100
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

Thor

Something (a website or piece of spyware) has hijacked your settings, and
locked them out.
download and install the program "Spybot search and Destroy". Use it to
clean your system of spyware, and use Spybot to unlock your IE settings. It
also has an innoculate setting that will lock your preferences in if you
wish. That should prevent malicious webpage scripts from changing things in
the future.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can't change the Home Page on Internet Explorer. When I go to Internet
> Options, General the Address and Icon Buttons for Home Page are in shadow.
> All of the other functions under General work fine.
>
> I've tried clicking on the make this my homepage at various web sites but

it
> won't change anything.
>
> I normally use Netscape 7.1 for my browser but I would like to be able to
> set a home page for MSN IE too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Bob

Thank you all for your advice. Thor's message jogged my memory that I had
locked my IE settings with Spybot. Unlocking my settings in Spybot cured
the problem. I will now post to alt.oldage and see if there is a fix for my
failing memory.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...