Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Acer 970cx and corrupted bios

Acer 970cx and corrupted bios

JT

Hi

I got this old laptop and was updating bios.. well, ofcourse the system
halted. My only chance was to reboot the machine and nothing happened.
Screen is blank and it wont boot from hd / fdd

Is there some kind of solution to recover the bios ?

The bios is a intel ship and i says on the top of it ...
E28F002
BCT120
U647088D

Is there someone who could help me ?

colin

JT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:74OSb.131$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I got this old laptop and was updating bios.. well, ofcourse the system
> halted. My only chance was to reboot the machine and nothing happened.
> Screen is blank and it wont boot from hd / fdd
>
> Is there some kind of solution to recover the bios ?
>
> The bios is a intel chip and i says on the top of it ...
> E28F002
> BCT120
> U647088D
>
> Is there someone who could help me ?

look for a jumper reset for your bios, (to clear the previous bios)

JT

I ment i was flashing the bios so the jumper (reset to default) wont help
btw, there aint any ...

"colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvgbja$ri14q$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> JT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:74OSb.131$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > I got this old laptop and was updating bios.. well, ofcourse the system
> > halted. My only chance was to reboot the machine and nothing happened.
> > Screen is blank and it wont boot from hd / fdd
> >
> > Is there some kind of solution to recover the bios ?
> >
> > The bios is a intel chip and i says on the top of it ...
> > E28F002
> > BCT120
> > U647088D
> >
> > Is there someone who could help me ?
> >

> look for a jumper reset for your bios, (to clear the previous bios)

Thor

Your done. Send it to the manufacturer for repair. Unless they are willing
to send you a new BIOS chip (assuming it is socketed to begin with), and you
are willing to attempt disassembly of the laptop.

"JT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9zPSb.500$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I ment i was flashing the bios so the jumper (reset to default) wont help
> btw, there aint any ...

JT

Well, this bios is not socketed ... so i guess they are not willing to send
me a new bios ship ? ( hard to answer ... i know ... )
I already have tried to contact Acer's customer service (twice) but no reply
yet ... hopefully soon they will answer ...

I hope someone have this laptop (broken one) and can send me the bios ship
from it (reward) !!!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...