Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Problem with scanner

Problem with scanner

mbowen83

I have an HP scanjet 3970 that does not "wake up" from the idle state when
the computer is turned on. If I unplug it from the wal and then plug it back
in it will work fine. It is connected to the computer by USB. I have tried
different wall outlets and different USB ports but it still won't "wake up".
When I turn my computer on when the scanner is still active (the lamp is
still on) the scanner cycles like it should. I have legacy USB suppot
enabled in the bios and have tried everything I can think to do. I am using
windows XP home and have an HP ze5385us notebook PC.