I've started to see lots of messages in other groups re: folks with new
SATA drives
getting shot down whilst using the setup disk set specifically on disk
#3 for the disk set for XP

People are saying that their download is bad but I believe demon lag
says this is a driver issue for the new drives ie a HDD driver has to be
installed first?

If so, is this a driver that comes with the drive? And, how is it done?

DeMoN LaG

Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:4018178d$0$259$(E-Mail Removed):

> People are saying that their download is bad but I believe demon lag
> says this is a driver issue for the new drives ie a HDD driver has to be
> installed first?
>
> If so, is this a driver that comes with the drive? And, how is it done?

The drivers usually come on a CD or from the website. It's the exact same
drivers you would install from the Windows GUI for the SATA controller.
Basically, if you don't load them, Windows can not use the SATA controller,
so it can't see the drives connected to it. The drivers have to be loaded
during setup by pressing F6 when prompted to and having the drivers (all
the .sys, .dll, .inf, etc) files copied to a floppy disk and inserted when
asked.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)