Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Router Bandwidth Stats for 802.1q VLAN

Router Bandwidth Stats for 802.1q VLAN

Jay Nambiar

Hi,

We have configured vLAN Trunk Interfaces using IEEE 802.1Q Encapsulation
on a cisco 3662 router running IOS 12.1(5)T9.

Is there any MIB to get bandwidth stats from the vlan interfaces..i have
put rate-limits on the the vlan interfaces and tried to get stats using
CISCO-CAR-MIB. However no stats are shown for vlan interfaces..

Is there any other MIB that can do this..??

Thanx in advance

Jay

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Jay Nambiar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:We have configured vLAN Trunk Interfaces using IEEE 802.1Q Encapsulation
: on a cisco 3662 router running IOS 12.1(5)T9.

:Is there any MIB to get bandwidth stats from the vlan interfaces..i have
: put rate-limits on the the vlan interfaces and tried to get stats using
:CISCO-CAR-MIB. However no stats are shown for vlan interfaces..

Have you tried doing community-string indexing?
(Note: there are two different ways to do that these days, depending
on the device and software version, so if one doesn't work try
the other.)
--
Most Windows users will run any old attachment you send them, so if
you want to implicate someone you can just send them a Trojan

Jay Nambiar

hi,

came across the BRIDGE-MIB while looking up community string indexing,
but apparently it is designed for Catalyst Switches rather than routers
running IOS.

right now, doing a telnet from a script and feeding the rate-limit stats
for each vlan sub-interface to mrtg...not elegant but atleast it works..

Jay