Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > backing up OE6

backing up OE6

fruitbat

I understand the regular methods for backing up messages in OE6.
My friend has an old Pentium 1 with 32MB RAM, a small hard disc that is
almost full.
There is no CD burner, no USB port. He is on dial-up internet.

How do I backup several megabytes of old email messages on to floppies? The
standard techniques make one very big backup file.

I-Hate-Spam

Install another disk as a slave on the system and copy then files on the new
disk. Or you can run ghost on the machine and create a clone of the disk.
You could also rusn ghost and create an image on the new disk.

news:40163dcd$0$1752$(E-Mail Removed) u...

-------> Ian

"fruitbat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I understand the regular methods for backing up messages in OE6.
>My friend has an old Pentium 1 with 32MB RAM, a small hard disc that is
>almost full.
>There is no CD burner, no USB port. He is on dial-up internet.
>
>How do I backup several megabytes of old email messages on to floppies? The
>standard techniques make one very big backup file.

E-mails in OE are held in .dbx files. They are named the same as the
folders they are in (inbox.dbx etc.). You can manually copy these
files, and then use a Zip programme to zip them across multiple
floppies.

Or just zip the big backup file you created across multiple floppies.

Backing up extensions Marc in the Glades Firefox 9 08-07-2004 11:00 PM
Backing up Bookmarks and Address' Tono Firefox 10 01-13-2004 04:24 AM
backing up FB and TB Axl Firefox 23 12-19-2003 01:21 AM
Backing up mail in Mozilla James Messick Firefox 11 11-11-2003 07:27 PM
Re: Backing up and restoring Mozilla mail and news Leonidas Jones Firefox 1 08-07-2003 02:06 PM

Advertisments