Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > turning on computer without case

turning on computer without case

Shawn

What kind of switch is needed to replace the power button on the case so
you don't the case to turn on the computer? Thanks.

GT Grand Prix 00

your post is a little confusing....what are you trying to do?

DeMoN LaG

Shawn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> What kind of switch is needed to replace the power button on the case so
> you don't the case to turn on the computer? Thanks.

You mean what to do to turn on a motherboard that isn't in a case? Easy,
take a screw driver or paperclip or anything conductive and temporarily
connect the PWR_ON (power on) pins together. This will do the same thing
as pushing the button. To turn it off, put the paperclip or whatever on
the pins for 5 or 6 seconds (the same thing as holding the power button for
5 or 6 seconds)

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

philo

"Shawn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What kind of switch is needed to replace the power button on the case so
> you don't the case to turn on the computer? Thanks.

any momentary contact , normally off switch will work

the power is not important...even a 1 amp switch will be more than adequate

Shawn

DeMoN LaG wrote:

> You mean what to do to turn on a motherboard that isn't in a case? Easy,
> take a screw driver or paperclip or anything conductive and temporarily
> connect the PWR_ON (power on) pins together. This will do the same thing
> as pushing the button. To turn it off, put the paperclip or whatever on
> the pins for 5 or 6 seconds (the same thing as holding the power button for
> 5 or 6 seconds)

Yep that's what I needed to know, thank you.

Shawn