Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Outlook Express QUESTION

Outlook Express QUESTION

Adam Steiner

Hey guys,

Friend of mine came over to me with an error code of #0x800CCC0B when using
Outlook Express. The code corresponds to a KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827349 but I haven't been able to find
the hotfix for it, the site seems to give a runaround and implies you need
to call up to get the hotfix. It applies to Office XP SP2...anyone have any
ideas where on the MS site this hotfix is located?

Thanks.

Adam

Duane Arnold

"Adam Steiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com:

> Hey guys,
>
> Friend of mine came over to me with an error code of #0x800CCC0B when
> using Outlook Express. The code corresponds to a KB article
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827349 but I haven't been able to
> find the hotfix for it, the site seems to give a runaround and implies
> you need to call up to get the hotfix. It applies to Office XP
> SP2...anyone have any ideas where on the MS site this hotfix is
> located?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Adam

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1A8CE553-AB76-
4A63-99DA-B4ED914C1514&displaylang=EN

Duane

Adam Steiner

news:Xns947BB552B1773darnold92insightbbco@204.127. 199.17...
> "Adam Steiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com:
>
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > Friend of mine came over to me with an error code of #0x800CCC0B when
> > using Outlook Express. The code corresponds to a KB article
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827349 but I haven't been able to
> > find the hotfix for it, the site seems to give a runaround and implies
> > you need to call up to get the hotfix. It applies to Office XP
> > SP2...anyone have any ideas where on the MS site this hotfix is
> > located?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Adam
> >

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1A8CE553-AB76-
> 4A63-99DA-B4ED914C1514&displaylang=EN
>
> Duane

Interestingly, it says the download is unavailable...but I'll keep looking.
Thanks Duane.

--Adam

Duane Arnold

"Adam Steiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com:

> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns947BB552B1773darnold92insightbbco@204.127. 199.17...
>> "Adam Steiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com:
>>
>> > Hey guys,
>> >
>> > Friend of mine came over to me with an error code of #0x800CCC0B
>> > when using Outlook Express. The code corresponds to a KB article
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827349 but I haven't been able
>> > to find the hotfix for it, the site seems to give a runaround and
>> > implies you need to call up to get the hotfix. It applies to
>> > Office XP SP2...anyone have any ideas where on the MS site this
>> > hotfix is located?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Adam
>> >

>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...=1A8CE553-AB76
>> - 4A63-99DA-B4ED914C1514&displaylang=EN
>>
>> Duane

> Interestingly, it says the download is unavailable...but I'll keep
> looking. Thanks Duane.
>
> --Adam

I just went there and had no problems downloading it.

Duane

Adam Steiner

news:Xns947BEBF6CA653darnold92insightbbco@216.148. 227.77...
> "Adam Steiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com:
>

> > "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Xns947BB552B1773darnold92insightbbco@204.127. 199.17...
> >> "Adam Steiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com:

> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...=1A8CE553-AB76
> >> - 4A63-99DA-B4ED914C1514&displaylang=EN
> >>
> >> Duane

> > Interestingly, it says the download is unavailable...but I'll keep
> > looking. Thanks Duane.
> >
> > --Adam
> >

> I just went there and had no problems downloading it.

Stupid OE breaking up links....I got it. Thanks again.

TrentŠ

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:51:30 GMT, "Adam Steiner"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>Friend of mine came over to me with an error code of #0x800CCC0B when using
>Outlook Express. The code corresponds to a KB article
>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827349 but I haven't been able to find
>the hotfix for it, the site seems to give a runaround and implies you need
>to call up to get the hotfix. It applies to Office XP SP2...anyone have any
>ideas where on the MS site this hotfix is located?

Let us know if that solves your problem, Adam. The white paper you
pointed us to pertains to Outlook...not OE.

Have a nice week...

Trent

If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese, man!

Thor

"Adam Steiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...

> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns947BEBF6CA653darnold92insightbbco@216.148. 227.77...
> > "Adam Steiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com:
> >

> > > "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:Xns947BB552B1773darnold92insightbbco@204.127. 199.17...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...=1A8CE553-AB76

> > > Interestingly, it says the download is unavailable...but I'll keep
> > > looking. Thanks Duane.
> > >
> > > --Adam
> > >

> > I just went there and had no problems downloading it.
> >

> Stupid OE breaking up links....I got it. Thanks again.

Note that the download link is for OfficeXP service pack SP2. The hotfix
mentioned in the article 827349 is NOT included in SP2. It was created a
month after SP2 was released. You have to contact Microsoft to get the
hotfix mentioned in the article. It hasn't been officially released yet. I
know because I probably will need the hotfix for one of my customers who
keeps getting timeout errors when sending and receiving mail in Outlook.
Seems to be a fairly common problem with Outlook XP.

Adam Steiner

news:4016653c$0$98831$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Adam Steiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> >
> > "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Xns947BEBF6CA653darnold92insightbbco@216.148. 227.77...
> > > "Adam Steiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com:

article

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...=1A8CE553-AB76

> > > I just went there and had no problems downloading it.
> > >

> > Stupid OE breaking up links....I got it. Thanks again.

> Note that the download link is for OfficeXP service pack SP2. The hotfix
> mentioned in the article 827349 is NOT included in SP2. It was created a
> month after SP2 was released. You have to contact Microsoft to get the
> hotfix mentioned in the article. It hasn't been officially released yet. I
> know because I probably will need the hotfix for one of my customers who
> keeps getting timeout errors when sending and receiving mail in Outlook.
> Seems to be a fairly common problem with Outlook XP.

Yeah, I just downloaded it and saw that. I hope they get around to
releasing it soon.

--Adam