Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Good DDR book ?

Good DDR book ?

S. Voigt

Hi guys,

what is a good book that explains the whole DDR/Backup/WAN/Dial-In|Out
environments ?

I also heard that there are 4 DDR Methods (Dialer Profiles)

1. dialer map
2. dialer interfaces
3. ?
4. ?

What is the rest ?

Thanks guys!

Vincent C Jones

In article <3fdcea5e$(E-Mail Removed)>,
S. Voigt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>what is a good book that explains the whole DDR/Backup/WAN/Dial-In|Out
>environments ?
>
>I also heard that there are 4 DDR Methods (Dialer Profiles)
>
>1. dialer map
>2. dialer interfaces
>3. ?
>4. ?
>
>What is the rest ?
>
>Thanks guys!

Depends upon how you count them... you might find chapter 4 of my book
(High Availability Networking with Cisco) a good overview if you're
not willing to spend time on www.cisco.com... While it is a bit dated,
you might also find the white paper "Using Dial-on-Demand Routing to
Trigger Backup Links on Cisco Routers" of interest.

FWIW: in my book, I discuss three approaches to dial backup: backup
interface, dial on demand (DDR), and dialer watch. In the Cisco world,
there are also two architectural approaches to configuring dialers:
legacy dialing and dialer profiles. You could also distinguish between
ISDN and Asynchronous, but then you're splitting hairs.

http://www.networkingunlimited.com

Looking for a Good Sim to Practice on and a good book? Pat MCSA 2 03-29-2008 12:19 AM
DDR Video cards on non-DDR Mobos Dave Hardenbrook A+ Certification 7 02-05-2007 04:41 PM
Mixing DDR & DDR@ Memory Martin Kallikak, Jr. Computer Support 8 01-31-2007 02:34 PM
Re: Good DDR book? Mark Johnson Cisco 0 12-16-2003 06:18 AM
Duel channel DDR = normal DDR? TmcT NZ Computing 3 09-19-2003 11:03 PM

Advertisments