Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Progs that cause Surfing Probs

Progs that cause Surfing Probs

John

Hi.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but if you have
RealPlayer installed, two things might run in the background that are
associated somehow with this program. They're called Realevent and
Realsched?

When these are running whenever I connect to the internet I usually
always get pages coming up saying the "Server can not be found" and
you can never get connected to news or email servers either. However
when I disable both everything works.

John

Night_Seer

John wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but if you have
> RealPlayer installed, two things might run in the background that are
> associated somehow with this program. They're called Realevent and
> Realsched?
>
> When these are running whenever I connect to the internet I usually
> always get pages coming up saying the "Server can not be found" and
> you can never get connected to news or email servers either. However
> when I disable both everything works.
>
> John

Either uninstall Real Player if you don't use it, or else if you do,
turn off those particular startup programs so they never come up. I
think all they are are an update program for Real player, which you can
do manually anyways. If you don't like real player, search for "real
player alternative". It requires Real player be installed, but you can
stop using it after that.

--
Night_Seer