Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Delay for program startup

Delay for program startup

Mike the Kiwi

I think remember reading in this Ng some time back about a program that would delay other programs starting after computer boot-up
so there wasn't so much software congestion as the O/S was getting itself under way. For example the computer would fully boot and
then maybe a few seconds later other designated programs would start at selected time intervals in order of choice.

Am I remembering correctly?
If so is anyone familiar with the name of this program or where I might find it?

All help is appreciated,
Cheers
Mike the Kiwi

Robert Baer

Mike the Kiwi wrote:

> I think remember reading in this Ng some time back about a program that would delay other programs starting after computer boot-up
> so there wasn't so much software congestion as the O/S was getting itself under way. For example the computer would fully boot and
> then maybe a few seconds later other designated programs would start at selected time intervals in order of choice.
>
> Am I remembering correctly?
> If so is anyone familiar with the name of this program or where I might find it?
>
> All help is appreciated,
> Cheers
> Mike the Kiwi

There is a task manager, which can schedule programs; perhaps that
might be useful.

bearman

I don't know of any but I have the same kind of problem: when my computer
boots, the USB driver doesn't get loaded. I have to load the drivers after
everything is done. I think my problem may be related to yours so I'm
hoping you get an answer.

Bearman

news:(E-Mail Removed)...