Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > note pad pages in Windows list

note pad pages in Windows list

tonyblackpool

Through Windows Explorer 2, click on 'Windows' then scroll down. I have
hundreds of 'Note pad pages' They are headed 'fffb675 for example. Can
anyone tell me why they are there and how to get rid of them?

HF

Why not just try deletion.
"tonyblackpool" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:r1xQb.950$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Through Windows Explorer 2, click on 'Windows' then scroll down. I have
> hundreds of 'Note pad pages' They are headed 'fffb675 for example. Can
> anyone tell me why they are there and how to get rid of them?

---

Thor

Those sound like FindFast index files. FindFast is part of MS Office, but
isn't necessary for operating any of the MS Office applications. Disable MS
FindFast in the control panel, and purge the indexes. Or, remove the startup
command for Findafast vie MSConfig. FindFast is a resource hog, and causes
excessive drive activity.