Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Caller id spoofing

Caller id spoofing

Vince Slevin

How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
how? Thanks

Amigo Entertainments

"Vince Slevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
"How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
how? Thanks"

You can't. It's enabled on the line card cluster in the exchange. The easy
way to spoof it is use someone elses line.

Robert Baer

Amigo Entertainments wrote:

> "Vince Slevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
> someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
> how? Thanks"
>
> You can't. It's enabled on the line card cluster in the exchange. The easy
> way to spoof it is use someone elses line.

....or use a calling card....

Representative Trantis

Apart from using someone else's phone line, or witholding your number, if
their caller display displays names, you could change it so that your name
displays someone else's, apart from that nothing.

"Vince Slevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
> someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
> how? Thanks

Lucky225

HAH! http://www.verizonfears.com/callerid.html

There are actually quite a few ways to spoof Caller ID. The most
popular are PRI ISDN PBX spoofing, Social Engineering telco operators
into changing the phone number for you, using Voice over IP and
asterisk, and there is one more way that I will not post publicly yet.

"Representative Trantis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bvivi4$rl8$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Apart from using someone else's phone line, or witholding your number, if
> their caller display displays names, you could change it so that your name
> displays someone else's, apart from that nothing.
>

> "Vince Slevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
> > someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
> > how? Thanks

Lucky225

You can also use special hardware or software known as 'orangeboxing',
but that's not really spoofing.

"Representative Trantis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bvivi4$rl8$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Apart from using someone else's phone line, or witholding your number, if
> their caller display displays names, you could change it so that your name
> displays someone else's, apart from that nothing.
>

> "Vince Slevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will show
> > someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone kno
> > how? Thanks

Todd Howard

someone has a subscription to "2600" Magazine.....
TH
"Lucky225" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> You can also use special hardware or software known as 'orangeboxing',
> but that's not really spoofing.
>
> "Representative Trantis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<bvivi4$rl8$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Apart from using someone else's phone line, or witholding your number,

if
> > their caller display displays names, you could change it so that your

name
> > displays someone else's, apart from that nothing.
> >

> > "Vince Slevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > How do you change the name and number of you so their caller id will

show
> > > someone else? It sounds cool and I want to know how you do it. Anyone

kno
> > > how? Thanks

Lucky225

*ahem* lifetime subscription b/c he writes for the magazine *ahem*

"Todd Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<FaAYb.2977$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> someone has a subscription to "2600" Magazine.....
> TH
> "Lucky225" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > You can also use special hardware or software known as 'orangeboxing',
> > but that's not really spoofing.
> >
> > "Representative Trantis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<bvivi4$rl8$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > Apart from using someone else's phone line, or witholding your number,

> if
> > > their caller display displays names, you could change it so that your

> name
> > > displays someone else's, apart from that nothing.
> > >

> > > "Vince Slevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> show

> kno

Todd Howard

lol.....good, keep up the good work.....