Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Front USB ports on P4800-VM in a Apex ATX PC-115 case

Front USB ports on P4800-VM in a Apex ATX PC-115 case

Mike

Hi,

I'm looking for drivers, if they exist, for the front USB ports on my APEX
ATX PC-115 computer case. The motherboard is an ASUS P4800-VM with a Celeron
2.4GHz chip.

I'm running Windows XP and the Device Manager in the Control Panel tells me
the drivers
for the ports are non-existant.

If not a driver issue, what else should I be looking at?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Kenny Cargill

Look in the BIOS and ensure that all USB ports are enabled. Also make sure
that the front USB ports are properly physically connected to the m/b. Make
sure you have installed the correct chipset drivers from the m/b
installation CD or Asus site. If using XP you should have SP1 installed for
full USB support.

--

Kenny

"Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

news:vuVPb.32816$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for drivers, if they exist, for the front USB ports on my APEX
> ATX PC-115 computer case. The motherboard is an ASUS P4800-VM with a

Celeron
> 2.4GHz chip.
>
> I'm running Windows XP and the Device Manager in the Control Panel tells

me
> the drivers
> for the ports are non-existant.
>
> If not a driver issue, what else should I be looking at?
>

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Thor

"Kenny Cargill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bupc8g$kf67b$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Look in the BIOS and ensure that all USB ports are enabled. Also make

sure
> that the front USB ports are properly physically connected to the m/b.

Make
> sure you have installed the correct chipset drivers from the m/b
> installation CD or Asus site. If using XP you should have SP1 installed

for
> full USB support.

Only if the ports are USB 2.0, however.

Trent©

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:30:51 -0500, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for drivers, if they exist, for the front USB ports on my APEX
>ATX PC-115 computer case. The motherboard is an ASUS P4800-VM with a Celeron
>2.4GHz chip.
>
> I'm running Windows XP and the Device Manager in the Control Panel tells me
>the drivers
>for the ports are non-existant.
>
>If not a driver issue, what else should I be looking at?

What EXACTLY does the error message say?

Have a nice week...

Trent

If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese, man!