Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > RAM question for VprMatrix 2000 model

RAM question for VprMatrix 2000 model

Lenny Konstan

ok, not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes.

i'm trying to update my model 2000, a VprMatrix with more ram
however not sure what it will take. i would like to use rdram
however am i restricted to ddr-ram? thanks for any help!

DeMoN LaG

"Lenny Konstan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eBAPb.3993$ro4.2205
@nwrdny02.gnilink.net:

> i'm trying to update my model 2000, a VprMatrix with more ram
> however not sure what it will take. i would like to use rdram
> however am i restricted to ddr-ram? thanks for any help!

You can only use the type of RAM that the machine is designed for. If it
currently uses DDR RAM you can't just stick RDRAM in there instead. I
don't see any documentation on their website other than the board uses an
Intel motherboard, so check your manuals to see what is already in there.

Provided you do need DDR RAM, what is the big deal about using RDRAM
instead? DDR RAM is better than RDRAM

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Lenny Konstan

i thought that rdram was better than ddr ram but i guess i was
wrong, this is good news then, thanks!

RAM with Fault model o.tamimi@hotmail.co.uk VHDL 0 06-25-2008 12:06 AM
Convert Java Model to Java Model without XML erinbot@gmail.com Java 1 10-06-2006 09:00 PM
ram model ashutosh_k VHDL 2 04-24-2006 05:04 PM
modelsim crashs with large ram simulation model Hongtu VHDL 3 10-08-2004 11:06 AM
Looking for a VHDL or Verilog RAM Model that modles Common RAM Faults Robert Posey VHDL 0 11-26-2003 07:50 PM

Advertisments