Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > PC problem

PC problem

Sunny

Computer config as folls:

Motherboard: Gigabyte 8KNXP
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.6c
Ram: 256

The minute my leg touches the plugs connected from the computer to the
extension socket, the computer restarts itself. This is quite frustrating
cos sometimes u r in the middle of sth, & u lose all your work. Why does it
happen? & how to avoid this problem? Pls help.

Thanks
Sunny

DeMoN LaG

"Sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bug3ic$(E-Mail Removed):

> The minute my leg touches the plugs connected from the computer to the
> extension socket, the computer restarts itself. This is quite
> frustrating cos sometimes u r in the middle of sth, & u lose all your
> work. Why does it happen? & how to avoid this problem? Pls help.

The power cord? Have you checked that the cord is securely attached to
both the PC and the wall outlet?

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Thor

Probably a faulty cord, or loose power supply socket. It sounds as though
when you do this it is momentarily interruptiing the power feed to the
computer, and causing it to power down and back up suddenly. I'd try a new
power cord and make sure it fits tightly in the sockets on both ends.

"Sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bug3ic$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Computer config as folls:
>
> Motherboard: Gigabyte 8KNXP
> CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.6c
> Ram: 256
>
> The minute my leg touches the plugs connected from the computer to the
> extension socket, the computer restarts itself. This is quite frustrating
> cos sometimes u r in the middle of sth, & u lose all your work. Why does

it
> happen? & how to avoid this problem? Pls help.
>
> Thanks
> Sunny

Kenny Cargill

Check all the plugs, extension and wall socket are properly wired and pushed
fully home. Buy a new extension socket.

--

Kenny

"Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."