Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re-installing XP?

Re-installing XP?

Kenny Cargill

Planning on a clean format and re-install of XP. Should I delete and
re-create the "C" partition before formatting it. I seem to remember just
formatting before and having 2 XP's in the boot menu afterwards.

--

Kenny

"Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

Duane Arnold

"Kenny Cargill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bug1qh$h8krg$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> Planning on a clean format and re-install of XP. Should I delete and
> re-create the "C" partition before formatting it. I seem to remember
> just formatting before and having 2 XP's in the boot menu afterwards.
>
> --
>
> Kenny
>
> "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

It's the best thing to do. BTW, those entries you talk about above are in
the boot.ini a (protected/hidden file) that can be exposed and edited with
a text editor. Then all you need to do is delete the line that is invalid.
This applies to any NT based O/S and the boot.ini file.

The protection starts with the O/S.

http://www.uksecurityonline.com/husdg/windowsxp.php

Duane

Kenny Cargill