Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Removing Dual Boot items?

Removing Dual Boot items?

DiLu790

Hi, me again.

I previously had a dual boot with XP (now and always my present OS),

as for my previous second drive (which I've since reformatted and now gotten
rid of & replaced with a new Drive), I had the Evaluation version of MS Windows
Server 2003 (which was Oh So Sweet!).

So, that's all taken care of except for one thing. Whenever I boot, I'm still
asked which OS I'd like to boot into. How to do I wash that out, (clean things
up?) so's I'm not prompted at the beginning? My PC still seems to think that
dual booting is an option.

mike

Yes edit the boot.ini file at the root of c: but first copy this file to a
folder call the folder bootbackup just so you have a working boot.ini file
incase something goes haywire once you have done this edit the boot.ini file
at the root of c:. remove the line pertaining to the o.s. you have removed.
the line will look something like this.---------
"multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Micr osoft Windows "the
operating system you uninstalled" /fastdetect" ------- this entery starting
from the first set of quotes tothe last set of quotes should all be on one
line and of course where it says the "the operating system you uninstalled"
will show the operating system name what ever it is
save the changes and reboot.
"DiLu790" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, me again.
>
> I previously had a dual boot with XP (now and always my present OS),
>
> as for my previous second drive (which I've since reformatted and now

gotten
> rid of & replaced with a new Drive), I had the Evaluation version of MS

Windows
> Server 2003 (which was Oh So Sweet!).
>
> So, that's all taken care of except for one thing. Whenever I boot, I'm

still
> asked which OS I'd like to boot into. How to do I wash that out, (clean

things
> up?) so's I'm not prompted at the beginning? My PC still seems to think

that
> dual booting is an option.

DiLu790

Hmmmm, that was easy.