Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > format conversion

format conversion

Koch

Hi All -
If this is not the proper forum for my problem, can someone
direct me to the correct one?

I have quite a few photo 3 1/2" floppy disks which are in DOS
format. I am unable to open (view) them.
Message "format is not supported or is invalid"
I wish to convert them to .jpg format. Any help?
TIA
Bill

Michael Graves

You don't specify specifically what file format the images are in. DOS
format is a bit generic. There is a viewer/converter that supports
many of the older and less prominent formats that make work for what
you're doing. It's called XnVIEW for Windows. You might be able to
find it on one of the freeware sites.

Michael Graves
http://basichardware.50megs.com

Koch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi All -
> If this is not the proper forum for my problem, can someone
> direct me to the correct one?
>
> I have quite a few photo 3 1/2" floppy disks which are in DOS
> format. I am unable to open (view) them.
> Message "format is not supported or is invalid"
> I wish to convert them to .jpg format. Any help?
> TIA
> Bill

Chet

You might also try IrfanView which is free and can be downloaded at
http://www.irfanview.com/. It supports a lot of obscure formats and can be
easily used for batch conversion.
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...