Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > hard drive utility

hard drive utility

mikhail

Hi all, just had a disaster with a barley year old 60gb maxtor hdd running
defrag and it just dies, I want to run maxtors powermax utility to try and
fix errors but its not compatable on nforce chipsets, anyone know of another
utility that could help me from a floppy as the hdd is just reported as an
invalid system disk in bios now.
Thanks for any help

bambam

"mikhail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:sYsMb.1682$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi all, just had a disaster with a barley year old 60gb maxtor hdd
> running defrag and it just dies, I want to run maxtors powermax
> utility to try and fix errors but its not compatable on nforce
> chipsets, anyone know of another utility that could help me from a
> floppy as the hdd is just reported as an invalid system disk in
> bios now. Thanks for any help

This one worked on my Seagate HDD, although so did the Maxtor one-

http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm

--
Always try to be modest, and be proud of it!

Eric

"bambam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kUuMb.16934$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "mikhail" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:sYsMb.1682$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hi all, just had a disaster with a barley year old 60gb maxtor hdd
> > running defrag and it just dies, I want to run maxtors powermax
> > utility to try and fix errors but its not compatable on nforce
> > chipsets, anyone know of another utility that could help me from a
> > floppy as the hdd is just reported as an invalid system disk in
> > bios now. Thanks for any help

> This one worked on my Seagate HDD, although so did the Maxtor one-
>
> http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm
>
> --
> Always try to be modest, and be proud of it!

Try HDD Regenerator to see if it can be recovered.
http://www.xstudio.ca/pcsupport/hddreg_v1.32.exe