Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Life or Death Help Needed

Life or Death Help Needed

Glyn

Hi
My main PC has for no apparent reason developed a problem... When booting up
she goes throught POST but hangs at "Varifying DMI Pool Data"
In the PCI Devices List the last listing is "ACPI Controler" at IRQ 9

What is happening?? I can't get into Windows at all.

ANY help would be most welcome

Thanks

Glyn

Bill Nathan

Just buy a new computer!
"Glyn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:btp4se$60c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> My main PC has for no apparent reason developed a problem... When booting

up
> she goes throught POST but hangs at "Varifying DMI Pool Data"
> In the PCI Devices List the last listing is "ACPI Controler" at IRQ 9
>
> What is happening?? I can't get into Windows at all.
>
> ANY help would be most welcome
>
> Thanks
>
> Glyn

Dan T

tried removing all the PCI cards and seeing if anything happens??, then if
it works...try putting 1 card back in at a time ''till it keels over again.

either that ......or buy a new computer,lol