Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Need help with Storage USB Device

Need help with Storage USB Device

Fred J

I bought OTi UStorage USB Device (64MB) when I plug it in the USB port
it visible on the system tray that it is plugged in, but when I click on the
MyComputer Icon
there it doesn't show as removable disc, under removable storage I have only
3 1/2 Floppy - CD-RW Drive - CD-Rom but not the removable disc this happens
in WindXP Pro, on the same computer I have Wind ME there is no problem it
has assigned letter and is working fine, but when I am in Windows XP I can
not see it,
among the installed drives, in the Device manager under USB Mass Storage
Device
tells this device works properly but I don't have an icon to open it.
Any help would be appreciated Fred

Terry Joyce

"Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lcELb.137875$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I bought OTi UStorage USB Device (64MB) when I plug it in the USB port
> it visible on the system tray that it is plugged in, but when I click on

the
> MyComputer Icon
> there it doesn't show as removable disc, under removable storage I have

only
> 3 1/2 Floppy - CD-RW Drive - CD-Rom but not the removable disc this

happens
> in WindXP Pro, on the same computer I have Wind ME there is no problem it
> has assigned letter and is working fine, but when I am in Windows XP I can
> not see it,
> among the installed drives, in the Device manager under USB Mass Storage
> Device
> tells this device works properly but I don't have an icon to open it.
> Any help would be appreciated Fred

Start/My Computer/Right Click Manage/Storage/Disk Management
Is it formated?

GT Grand Prix 00

you should not have to format it. i have the same problem that he has. after i
remove and reinstall it a few times, it works as normal