Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable on a Asus A7n8x-e

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable on a Asus A7n8x-e

Dustin Nohr

Well i just put my computer together and I am having a problem booting
up.
I keep getting the following message.
"PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE Rom
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK & PRESS ENTER"

I am using a wd 120 gb sata drive. I researched a little bit and tried
changing my boot sequence around and removing the jumper on the HD all
together. Any input on what to check would be appreciated. Thank you
for your time.

Terry Joyce

"Dustin Nohr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Well i just put my computer together and I am having a problem booting
> up.
> I keep getting the following message.
> "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
> PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE Rom
> DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK & PRESS ENTER"
>
> I am using a wd 120 gb sata drive. I researched a little bit and tried
> changing my boot sequence around and removing the jumper on the HD all
> together. Any input on what to check would be appreciated. Thank you
> for your time.

When you boot from the XP CD you get a chance to load third party drivers
before the CD boots. This is where you install the SATA drivers of the
motherboard CD or from Web site. (Make sure you put them on a floppy)
Luck to you
Tee Jay

derek / nul

On 9 Jan 2004 11:22:44 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Dustin Nohr) wrote:

>Well i just put my computer together and I am having a problem booting
>up.
>I keep getting the following message.
>"PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
>PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE Rom
>DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK & PRESS ENTER"
>
>I am using a wd 120 gb sata drive. I researched a little bit and tried
>changing my boot sequence around and removing the jumper on the HD all
>together. Any input on what to check would be appreciated. Thank you
>for your time.

PXE is a system of booting from the ethernet network.
Disable it in your BIOS.