Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > What other produces other than "PC Anywhere"?

What other produces other than "PC Anywhere"?

JnlSeb

It has been ages since working with "PC Anywhere" and would like to know if
there are any new tools with the functionality of PC Anywhere but is more
user friendly and supported with Windows XP?

I have a friend in another state that needs computer help and would like to
use a tool like this to help resolve some issues and answer common
questions.

Thanks,

Jim

Duane Arnold

"JnlSeb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:N6cLb.218$(E-Mail Removed). net:

> It has been ages since working with "PC Anywhere" and would like to
> know if there are any new tools with the functionality of PC Anywhere
> but is more user friendly and supported with Windows XP?
>
> I have a friend in another state that needs computer help and would
> like to use a tool like this to help resolve some issues and answer
> common questions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

XP has Netmeeting's Remote Desk Sharing that comes with the O/S that does
the same thing as pcanywhere. There is another remote desktop tool that is
on XP too. I don't know the name off hand -- on my way to work.

Duane

DeMoN LaG

http://www.realvnc.org

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Night_Seer

DeMoN LaG wrote:
> "JnlSeb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:N6cLb.218$(E-Mail Removed). net:
>
>> I have a friend in another state that needs computer help and would
>> like to use a tool like this to help resolve some issues and answer
>> common questions.
>>
>> Thanks,

> http://www.realvnc.org

or tightvnc as well...i think both are free and don't need monthly
payments.

--
Night_Seer

Diehard

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> DeMoN LaG wrote:
> > "JnlSeb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:N6cLb.218$(E-Mail Removed). net:
> >
> >> I have a friend in another state that needs computer help and would
> >> like to use a tool like this to help resolve some issues and answer
> >> common questions.
> >>
> >> Thanks,

> > http://www.realvnc.org

> or tightvnc as well...i think both are free and don't need monthly
> payments.
>
> --
> Night_Seer

VNC is also 10 million times slower then remote desktop and pc anywhere. so
what else is there free that's fast? or not free maybe is ok. I'm looking
for something too cus remote desktop on my lan has connection problems and
pdc anywhere 11 is to slow, and VNC is even slower yet.