Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Gigabyte Sucks

Gigabyte Sucks

???

Well I have a machine which is about 1 year old. with a GA-7VXR rev 1.1(as
printed on the board). I flashed the bios with an update and the raid option
was not available. I sent gigabyte four emails with no response. I tried
calling NUMEROUS times and finally got through to tech support (they usually
tell you to leave a message, try the operator and they too have a recording
to leave a message). The guy said the mother board cannot be a GA-7VRX, it
must be a GA-7VRXP. Well, I think I can READ!!! But he insists it is the
later model. So I go to download the correct bios, well....the only bios for
the 7VRXP is rev 2.0 and this board is 1.1. I called again and much to my
delight I actaully got through!!!!! Well, this guy said there was a batch of
boards which were printed with GA-7VRX and a sticker was placed over with
7VRXP. Any way... He said they have to email the correct bios (for some
reason they don't have the version on the web page!!!!!!)
Two days later...no bios, plus I cannot get through to technical support.

Oh yea. one other thing. They have an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB.