Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Monitor question (CRT)

Monitor question (CRT)

Wizard

I have an optiquest 19" monitor that just started going in and out about
a 1/16" to 1/4" ie; toward the viewer and away from the viewer. Any one
ever seen this before? It will do it about 10 times in an hour. It
otherwise runs perfect. I have changed resolutions and freq's with out
an effect. Have killed any sources of RF near by also no affect. I have
even opened it up and blown all the dust and crap off the inside. Can a
video card cause this?

(No I have not tried another monitor yet, but will when I have time)

Night_Seer

Wizard wrote:
> I have an optiquest 19" monitor that just started going in and out
> about a 1/16" to 1/4" ie; toward the viewer and away from the viewer.
> Any one ever seen this before? It will do it about 10 times in an
> hour. It otherwise runs perfect. I have changed resolutions and
> freq's with out an effect. Have killed any sources of RF near by also
> no affect. I have even opened it up and blown all the dust and crap
> off the inside. Can a video card cause this?
>
> (No I have not tried another monitor yet, but will when I have time)

Have you tried changing the refresh rate?

--
Night_Seer

Thor

Barring interference, it's most likely the monitor, IMHO. I just sent back
an AOC unit for a similar problem, but it was more pronounced.

"Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an optiquest 19" monitor that just started going in and out about
> a 1/16" to 1/4" ie; toward the viewer and away from the viewer. Any one
> ever seen this before? It will do it about 10 times in an hour. It
> otherwise runs perfect. I have changed resolutions and freq's with out
> an effect. Have killed any sources of RF near by also no affect. I have
> even opened it up and blown all the dust and crap off the inside. Can a
> video card cause this?
>
> (No I have not tried another monitor yet, but will when I have time)

Wizard

Yes from 60 through 100 MHz

Night_Seer wrote:

> Wizard wrote:
> > I have an optiquest 19" monitor that just started going in and out
> > about a 1/16" to 1/4" ie; toward the viewer and away from the viewer.
> > Any one ever seen this before? It will do it about 10 times in an
> > hour. It otherwise runs perfect. I have changed resolutions and
> > freq's with out an effect. Have killed any sources of RF near by also
> > no affect. I have even opened it up and blown all the dust and crap
> > off the inside. Can a video card cause this?
> >
> > (No I have not tried another monitor yet, but will when I have time)

> Have you tried changing the refresh rate?
>
> --
> Night_Seer

Night_Seer

Wizard wrote:
> Yes from 60 through 100 MHz
>
> Night_Seer wrote:
>>
>> Wizard wrote:
>>> I have an optiquest 19" monitor that just started going in and out
>>> about a 1/16" to 1/4" ie; toward the viewer and away from the
>>> viewer. Any one ever seen this before? It will do it about 10 times
>>> in an hour. It otherwise runs perfect. I have changed resolutions
>>> and freq's with out an effect. Have killed any sources of RF near
>>> by also no affect. I have even opened it up and blown all the dust
>>> and crap off the inside. Can a video card cause this?
>>>
>>> (No I have not tried another monitor yet, but will when I have time)

>> Have you tried changing the refresh rate?
>>
>> --
>> Night_Seer

Then I would take the other posters suggestion...or at least try someone
elses monitro, and see if it still does it, post when you find that out,
if it still does it.

--
Night_Seer