Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Problem with HP scanjet 3970

Problem with HP scanjet 3970

mbowen83

When I start-up my computer my scanner fails to "wake up" (also pressing any
of the front-side buttons gives no response), but if I unplug it from the
wall and then plug it back in it works just fine. I have tried all the fixes
on the HP website and I have talked to a tech but gave me little more advise
than the suggested fixes on the site. I am running Win XP sp1 2002 ver. and
my computer is an HP Pavillion ze5385us laptop currently I
am connecting the scanner through my USB port (I am not using a hub) . I
have already disables power management to the USB ports but it did not help.
Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

mbowen83

Wizard

Go to HP's site and down load the correct driver for your OS and your
Scanner and also download the install directions. Uninstall everything
you have now, unplug the scanner and start from scratch following the
order given in the directions.

mbowen83 wrote:

> When I start-up my computer my scanner fails to "wake up" (also pressing any
> of the front-side buttons gives no response), but if I unplug it from the
> wall and then plug it back in it works just fine. I have tried all the fixes
> on the HP website and I have talked to a tech but gave me little more advise
> than the suggested fixes on the site. I am running Win XP sp1 2002 ver. and
> my computer is an HP Pavillion ze5385us laptop currently I
> am connecting the scanner through my USB port (I am not using a hub) . I
> have already disables power management to the USB ports but it did not help.
> Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
>
> mbowen83

Ipaq 3970 hard reset Johnnie Scott Computer Support 2 07-05-2005 07:11 PM
Ipaq 3970 hard reset mark taylor Computer Support 1 07-05-2005 06:02 PM
Compaq Ipaq 3970 Mark A NZ Computing 1 11-13-2004 05:12 AM
HP Scanjet 3970 Neg Scans Justin Thyme Digital Photography 1 05-27-2004 01:07 PM
HP Scanjet 3570c Jack Dust Computer Support 3 12-10-2003 07:14 PM

Advertisments