Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Install on Demand Error

Install on Demand Error

DaBrowns

On pretty common occassion, when I log onto a website. Any website -
sometimes one will give me this error, and sometimes the same site will not.

The first pop up message says:
"Heading: Install on Demand (Internet Explorer).
Message: To display this page correctly, you need to download and install
the following components:

Downlad Size: Download Time:
and the box to check for "Never download any of these components."
before you have a chance to even READ this message, a second pop up pops up
that says:

Header: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Then the message (with yellow warning triangle) "Installation of the
component failed. Please try again later or choose 'Windows Update' under
the Internet Explorer 'Tools' menu to install this component.
Then you click OK...

And you can use the browser as normal. I don't know exactly what it thinks
it's wanting to install... But it never gets a chance to even try! Or gives
an option for me to say DON"T DO THAT AGAIN. Can someone tell me how to get
rid of this?

Thank you...

Marylee

Michael-NC

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>

Uncheck "Install on demand"

"DaBrowns" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On pretty common occassion, when I log onto a website. Any website -
> sometimes one will give me this error, and sometimes the same site will

not.

> The first pop up message says:
> "Heading: Install on Demand (Internet Explorer).
> Message: To display this page correctly, you need to download and install
> the following components:

> Downlad Size: Download Time:
> and the box to check for "Never download any of these components."
> before you have a chance to even READ this message, a second pop up pops

up
> that says:
>
> Header: Microsoft Internet Explorer
> Then the message (with yellow warning triangle) "Installation of the
> component failed. Please try again later or choose 'Windows Update' under
> the Internet Explorer 'Tools' menu to install this component.
> Then you click OK...
>
> And you can use the browser as normal. I don't know exactly what it

thinks
> it's wanting to install... But it never gets a chance to even try! Or

gives
> an option for me to say DON"T DO THAT AGAIN. Can someone tell me how to

get
> rid of this?
>
> Thank you...
>
> Marylee

Wizard

Start/control panel/ Internet Options/advanced/check "Enable install on
demand IE"

DaBrowns wrote:

> On pretty common occassion, when I log onto a website. Any website -
> sometimes one will give me this error, and sometimes the same site will not.
>
> The first pop up message says:
> "Heading: Install on Demand (Internet Explorer).
> Message: To display this page correctly, you need to download and install
> the following components:

> Downlad Size: Download Time:
> and the box to check for "Never download any of these components."
> before you have a chance to even READ this message, a second pop up pops up
> that says:
>
> Header: Microsoft Internet Explorer
> Then the message (with yellow warning triangle) "Installation of the
> component failed. Please try again later or choose 'Windows Update' under
> the Internet Explorer 'Tools' menu to install this component.
> Then you click OK...
>
> And you can use the browser as normal. I don't know exactly what it thinks
> it's wanting to install... But it never gets a chance to even try! Or gives
> an option for me to say DON"T DO THAT AGAIN. Can someone tell me how to get
> rid of this?
>
> Thank you...
>
> Marylee

rza rza is offline
Junior Member

I have a similar issue with a box popping up that wants to install Java Virtual Machine. The problem is though, a level 1 tech checked the box to 'Never download any of these components' Now the box doesn't pop up anymore. Does anyone know how to get it back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard