Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > what do you think of this?

what do you think of this?

Michael-NC

They are referring to the core and memory speeds. You see, nVidia and ATI
sells the core or GPU, (graphics processing unit) to the board makers like
Power Color and PNY. Those board makers then either use the reference design
from nVidia or ATI or come up with their own cooling solution to run the
core faster than it's rated speed as well as use high quality ram with a
cooling solution to run it at it's maximum speed. That's why you see
differences in speed from 2 cards that use the same core. Your card is just
fine. Hardware is way ahead of software and your card will play all the
games that are out now as well as games that are coming out this year and
next. Don't fall for all the hype about having the latest, fastest silicon.
You just don't need it.

"Diehard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsFKJb.7105$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Does anyone know anything about PowerColor Radeon cards? I am seeing a
> couple on this one forum that say they don't like them and to stay away.
> Like they're underclocked. Well I'm guessing that how would you know if

it's
> underclocked unless you are a geek and go looking? Geese. Like they don't
> just install it and use it. I got a powercolor radeon 9600 pro for my dad,
> in those parts list you saw from newegg $149. makes me somewhat nervous,

but
> i dont think we'll notice anything as long as it plays games good.

Diehard

its funny cus i asked in the forum and no one said, they replyed with stay
away, and jokes. so then i replyed saying if you can't give a reason dont
reply, and if you cant give a personal experience reason, bla bla bla. i got
upset they joked and didn't have anything to say that answered my question.

"Michael-NC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a4LJb.184676$(E-Mail Removed) r.com...
> They are referring to the core and memory speeds. You see, nVidia and ATI
> sells the core or GPU, (graphics processing unit) to the board makers like
> Power Color and PNY. Those board makers then either use the reference

design
> from nVidia or ATI or come up with their own cooling solution to run the
> core faster than it's rated speed as well as use high quality ram with a
> cooling solution to run it at it's maximum speed. That's why you see
> differences in speed from 2 cards that use the same core. Your card is

just
> fine. Hardware is way ahead of software and your card will play all the
> games that are out now as well as games that are coming out this year and
> next. Don't fall for all the hype about having the latest, fastest

silicon.
> You just don't need it.
>
> "Diehard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsFKJb.7105$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> > Does anyone know anything about PowerColor Radeon cards? I am seeing a
> > couple on this one forum that say they don't like them and to stay away.
> > Like they're underclocked. Well I'm guessing that how would you know if

> it's
> > underclocked unless you are a geek and go looking? Geese. Like they

don't
> > just install it and use it. I got a powercolor radeon 9600 pro for my

dad,
> > in those parts list you saw from newegg $149. makes me somewhat nervous,

> but
> > i dont think we'll notice anything as long as it plays games good.

Michael-NC

Personally, it doesn't pay to get upset with anything you may hear or read
on a Usenet or internet forum. There are people who take great sport in
upsetting others and some just like to argue... Ahem...

This forum is by and large, pretty civil but it has had it's moments.

One more tip. Google is your friend...

"Diehard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0oLJb.22777$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> its funny cus i asked in the forum and no one said, they replyed with stay
> away, and jokes. so then i replyed saying if you can't give a reason dont
> reply, and if you cant give a personal experience reason, bla bla bla. i

got
> upset they joked and didn't have anything to say that answered my

question.

> "Michael-NC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:a4LJb.184676$(E-Mail Removed) r.com...
> > They are referring to the core and memory speeds. You see, nVidia and

ATI
> > sells the core or GPU, (graphics processing unit) to the board makers

like
> > Power Color and PNY. Those board makers then either use the reference

> design
> > from nVidia or ATI or come up with their own cooling solution to run the
> > core faster than it's rated speed as well as use high quality ram with a
> > cooling solution to run it at it's maximum speed. That's why you see
> > differences in speed from 2 cards that use the same core. Your card is

> just
> > fine. Hardware is way ahead of software and your card will play all the
> > games that are out now as well as games that are coming out this year

and
> > next. Don't fall for all the hype about having the latest, fastest

> silicon.
> > You just don't need it.
> >
> > "Diehard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > newsFKJb.7105$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> > > Does anyone know anything about PowerColor Radeon cards? I am seeing a
> > > couple on this one forum that say they don't like them and to stay

away.
> > > Like they're underclocked. Well I'm guessing that how would you know

if
> > it's
> > > underclocked unless you are a geek and go looking? Geese. Like they

> don't
> > > just install it and use it. I got a powercolor radeon 9600 pro for my

> dad,
> > > in those parts list you saw from newegg $149. makes me somewhat

nervous,
> > but
> > > i dont think we'll notice anything as long as it plays games good.

Paul

ennui wrote:
> Michael-NC;1667812 Wrote:
>> I would go with an Asus A7N8X Deluxe MoBo with an XP2800 CPU. That CPU
>> is
>> both cheaper and faster but if you like Intel, go Intel. I also like
>> Asus,
>> much more than MSI for the mainboard.
>>
>> There's cheaper DVD drives. I just got a LiteOn LWD411S Dual Format
>> drive
>> for 79.99 after rebate.
>>
>> I'd get a real power supply as well.
>>
>> I'd also forget the Raptor 36GB drive and get a 120GB or larger 7200RPM
>> ATA
>> drive with 8MB cache.
>>
>> Minor note is the floppy cable you're thinking about has 2 connectors.
>> You
>> should get a single connector unless you're putting in 2 drives. It'll
>> look
>> nicer. I started using rounded floppy cables awhile ago and they make
>> for a
>> tidy setup. I'm still wary of the rounded IDE cables as the whole idea
>> of
>> the 80pin cable was to separate the data wires with a ground wire to
>> minimize crosstalk. A rounded cable , IMO, defeats this.
>>
>> "Diehard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:mdiJb.20834$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
>> http://tinyurl.com/455wcb
>>>

> Liteon is a cheapo brand that may go wrong imo.
> You get what you pay for.

You are replying to a posting from *Jan 2, 2004* from USENET.
Surely some kind of record, for late advice.

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.co...b3ec2858c52171

If you want to join the real world, get a copy of Thunderbird,
then connect to the free news server nntp.aioe.org . There you
can find posts from 2008. When prompted, set up a "news" account.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Picture of the Thunderbird screen.

http://atyourserv.net/wordpress/wp-c...erbird-ss1.gif

Paul