Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Walmart special

Walmart special

justme

Any reviews of the HP Pavilion A305w-b that Walmart has on sale for
$498? I realize it's far from top of the line but do you get a good
deal for the money you pay? It appears that way to me because back in
'99 I paid over $800 for the HP 4455 that I have now. And it has a lot
less features than the Walmart one. The hard drive size and amount of
RAM is considerably more than my current computer also. Would it be a
good choice for a home user? Our main use is email and surfing the net,
nothing fancy. Any opinions?

LeAnn

Chet

For surfing the net and email your current computer sounds just fine.
"justme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any reviews of the HP Pavilion A305w-b that Walmart has on sale for
> $498? I realize it's far from top of the line but do you get a good
> deal for the money you pay? It appears that way to me because back in
> '99 I paid over $800 for the HP 4455 that I have now. And it has a lot
> less features than the Walmart one. The hard drive size and amount of
> RAM is considerably more than my current computer also. Would it be a
> good choice for a home user? Our main use is email and surfing the net,
> nothing fancy. Any opinions?
>
> LeAnn

Michael-NC

I'd say it's a good deal for your intended use but the only thing that
bothers me is the ram. 256MB with at least 16 MB going to shared video is a
little one the lite side for Windows XP. XP runs well with 512MB. If you can
upgrade to ram to 512 for 75 bucks or so, that would be worth it.

"justme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any reviews of the HP Pavilion A305w-b that Walmart has on sale for
> $498? I realize it's far from top of the line but do you get a good
> deal for the money you pay? It appears that way to me because back in
> '99 I paid over $800 for the HP 4455 that I have now. And it has a lot
> less features than the Walmart one. The hard drive size and amount of
> RAM is considerably more than my current computer also. Would it be a
> good choice for a home user? Our main use is email and surfing the net,
> nothing fancy. Any opinions?
>
> LeAnn

justme

I'm sure anything will be better than what we have now but I'll consider
upgrading soon. Thanks for the advice.

LeAnn