Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Sending Pictures Via Email?

Sending Pictures Via Email?

Joe

Hello, what is a good software program to use in order to send email pictures to others. Thanks,
Joe

Michael-NC

You can get a yahoo account, then put your pictures in your profile and then
just send a link.

Hello, what is a good software program to use in order to send email
pictures to others. Thanks,
Joe

cocacolaclassicroksursocks

Or attachments.
"Michael-NC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aZKIb.230403$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> You can get a yahoo account, then put your pictures in your profile and

then
> just send a link.
>
> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hello, what is a good software program to use in order to send email
> pictures to others. Thanks,
> Joe

Pepperoni

OE works well if you are sending only a few pics. You merely open a new
message, and attach the pics within the message. you go to insert/file
attachment/ <and browse to the file location>. You can post multiple pics
to the e mail by repeating the process. This works in HTML e mail, but not
for text newsgroup messages.

When posting a large number of large photos, it's easier to post to a web
site and direct the viewers to the site.

Hello, what is a good software program to use in order to send email
pictures to others. Thanks,
Joe

Calvin Crumrine

I don't think it's easier to post to a web site, but it's certainly
better. But it depends on what aspect of 'easier' you're talking about,
too. It's often easy to send a huge message but it's not always so easy
for the recipient to receive it.

First rule of sending pictures-watch the file size. The main factor
determining file size is the format. Bitmaps (.bmp) are uncompressed so
they're large. JPEG's are better-they're compressed. But you also want
to consider what the recipient is going to do with them-if they're going
to print them then you want as much detail as possible and the more you
compress a picture the more detail you lose.

Second rule of sending pictures-either watch the resolution or know that
the recipient knows how to handle it. I've seen many pictures sent at
the full camera resolution of 1280x1024. File size is OK-these are
..jpg-but the recipient displays them in their email client on a screen
that's rarely more than 1024x768. Result is that they're unable to view
the entire picture at once. (These email clients are unable to enlarge
or shrink pictures. I'm unaware of any that can although I won't rule it
out-it would certainly be a useful feature.)

Too-large pictures can be handled by saving them to the hard disk &
options. If the user knows how to use a picture editor then go ahead &
send them a large picture if you want to. If not then it's best to use
the picture editor yourself to reduce the resolution to something the
recipient can view on their screen without scrolling. (If they choose
not to maximize their window then that's their problem-and it's purely a
guess as to their resolution. I still see many people with older PC's
running screens at 800x600 so I make a practice of not sending pictures
larger than that unless I know the recipient can handle it.)

Pepperoni wrote:

> OE works well if you are sending only a few pics. You merely open a new
> message, and attach the pics within the message. you go to insert/file
> attachment/ <and browse to the file location>. You can post multiple pics
> to the e mail by repeating the process. This works in HTML e mail, but not
> for text newsgroup messages.
>
> When posting a large number of large photos, it's easier to post to a web
> site and direct the viewers to the site.
>

> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hello, what is a good software program to use in order to send email
> pictures to others. Thanks,
> Joe

Stephen G. Giannoni

Absolutely the only practical way of sharing photos through the
Internet, is to post them as a web page using any one of a number of
photo services ( e.g. - ClubPhoto at http://www.clubphoto.com ).
Private or selective pages can even be passworded. Then all you've got
to do is E-mail the URL to desired recipients, etc.