Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Computers As Telephones

Computers As Telephones

Representative Trantis

Is there any way that two people can use their computers as telephones. What
I mean is to have two people, somehow, via the internet, talking to each
other, as clearly as you can via the telephone?

If so how?

Thanks.

DeMoN LaG

"Representative Trantis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bsougq$jek$(E-Mail Removed):

> Is there any way that two people can use their computers as
> telephones. What I mean is to have two people, somehow, via the
> internet, talking to each other, as clearly as you can via the
> telephone?

It usually isn't as clear as by phone, and unless both people have
broadband connections the quality is really poor.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

HF

If you do a search you can turn up all sorts but if it were that
uncomplicated we would all be doing it.

MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Shopping | Money | People & Chat
Home | Advanced Search | My Preferences | Submit a Site | Help | Web
Directory

----

Results 1-15 of about 664256 containing "internet telephone calls" NEXT >>

SPONSORED SITES - ABOUT
High-Quality Voice-Over Internet Calls
Cut your telephone costs by up to 80% with a Usb phone. No external power
required. Call any phone anywhere in the world for a fraction of the normal
cost. Buy call time online.
www.novellimports.com

Internet Phone Calls at PalTalk.com
PalTalk.com is a total Internet communications solution. Sign up now and
make phone calls over the Internet anytime and anywhere for free.
www.paltalk.com

Internet Phone Call
Download OfficeIntercom to speak to others over the Internet by simply
holding down a key on your keyboard.
www.nch.com.au

WEB PAGES - ABOUT
Internet Phone Calls - VoIP Telephony
.... Advertising | eMarketing Tools | Internet Telephone Calls | The Library.
Market Research | News and Press | Translation ...
www.internetworldstats.com/calls.htm

Make Telephone Calls On The Internet
Make Telephone Calls On The Internet By Dick Eastman Several people asked
about my new VoIP (Voice over IP) Internet telephone service, so I decided
to write about it and place the information on the Web. ... Using a dial-up
modem to place Internet telephone calls is possible -- with some
difficulties. ...
www.rootsforum.com/telephony/voip.htm

Save money on telephone calls in the UK & USA and Internet access & calls in
Britain
Telephone calls discounts & savings. Low cost phone services in the UK &
USA, cheaper international & national phone calls. Internet access in
Britain. How to pay less ... How to pay less for phone calls in UK. Internet
telephone calls. UK internet service providers ...
http://www.ferreri.freeserve.co.uk/t...ediscounts.htm

Internet Telephone - Callserve
Callserve's free software enables low cost PC to phone calls anywhere in the
World. Use the Internet Telephone to save up to 90% on call rates ...
Internet Telephone. The Callserve Internet Telephone allows you to make
calls from your PC over the internet to anywhere ...
www.callserve.com/SV/news/index.asp?PrNbr=5

Tiscali Smart Talk for great value phone calls
.... Save up to 62% on UK calls and up to 89% on International calls compared
to BT rates - click here to see exactly how ...
www.tiscali.co.uk/smarttalk

Callserve - cheap internet phone calls, international calls
Make internet phone calls, internet calls, cheap phone call, international
phone call, international calls, via an internet telephone, using Callserve,
Europe's No 1 internet phone provider. ... and infrastructure enables users
to make internet telephone calls using their PCs to any ordinary telephone
in the World. ...
http://www.internet-phone-callserve....telephone.html

Callserve - Internet Telephone
Callserve offer free software to enable cheap telephone calls. Download the
free software.
http://www.callserve.com/cs_calls/ch...hone_calls.asp

PC to phone, Internet Phone - enables telephone calls from your PC over the
Internet to anywhere in the World
.... Callserve enables telephone calls from your PC over the Internet to
anywhere in the World at the most competitive rates ...
online-telephone.com/pc-to-phone.htm

Voice Over IP Telephone (VOIP) - Internet Phone Calls UK
VOIP (Voice over IP) allows you to send and receive telephone calls using
either the Internet or a private TCP/IP network as the connection.
www.pipemedia.com/telecoms_voip.cfm

Internet Telephone Index
ComBuy.com Internet Telephone Index Internet Phone Services PC-to-Phone and
PC-to-PC calling at PhoneFree.com -A lternative to the telephone and the
confusing phone bills that accompany it. ... Eliminate the unwelcome echo
and delay from your internet telephone calls with Quicknet Technologies. ...
www.at00.com/directory/internetphone.html

Internet Broadband, Narrowband and Cheap Telephone Service Providers.
Great choice of Internet Service Providers for Broadband, Narrowband and
Dial-up connections, and Cheap Telephone Services for Low Cost National and
International calls. ... Shop Online for Internet Broadband and Cheap
Telephone Calls - Traditional shopping ...
www.oyster.cc/internetproviders.htm

Datamation Product Watch - product listing by date. Category: Communication
SubCategory: Internet Telephone. Page 3
.... acallto inc. Offers free USA calls to customers of its
Internet-controlled telephone service. Sep. 21, 2000 ...
http://www.products.datamation.com/c...at=Communicati...

World Calls LD: Voice-Over-Internet Long Distance Service
World Calls LD offers the World Low Rate Discount Long Distance, Calling
Cards, Toll Free services that save you 60% on all of your Communications
needs. ... Eliminate the unwelcome echo and delay from your internet
telephone calls with Quicknet Technologies. ...
worldzone.net/commerce/worldcallsld/voip.shtml

telephone calls | GOOD CONSUMER GUIDE
.... telephone calls | UK Consumer Guide. Click for US Guide to telephone
calls ...
http://www.goodconsumer.co.uk/teleph...one_calls.html

PARK LANE PC2PHONE RECOMMENDATION FOR CHEAP PHONE CALLS
Use Callserve's PC to phone software and save up to 85% on call rates. ...
Internet Telephone Calls. Take advantage of cheap Internet Telephone calls.
PC to Phone calls enable you to make ...
http://www.parklanenannies.com/Recom...rnetPhones.asp

Autosearch from the IE address bar has been improved. If you prefer, you can
restore the original settings.

Shopping Results
STOP MORE SPAM with MSN Internet Software

Results 1-15 of about 664256 containing "internet telephone calls" NEXT >>

----
Find it on eBay.co.uk
eBay, the world
Click here to buy and sell "internet telephone calls" on ebay.co.uk

Find ''internet telephone calls'' at ThomsonLocal.com

SPONSORED SITES - ABOUT
Buy USB Internet Telephone Handsets
Make free PC to PC calls over the Internet. Low-cost PC to landline...
www.pakatak.com

uSwitch Home Telephone Calculator
Reduce the cost of your phone calls by comparing some of the leading...
www.uswitch.com

Try MSN Internet Software for FREE!
MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Shopping | Money | People & Chat Help

©2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use Advertise
TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement

"Representative Trantis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsougq$jek$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any way that two people can use their computers as telephones.

What
> I mean is to have two people, somehow, via the internet, talking to each
> other, as clearly as you can via the telephone?
>
> If so how?
>
> Thanks.

---

Night_Seer

Representative Trantis wrote:
> Is there any way that two people can use their computers as
> telephones. What I mean is to have two people, somehow, via the
> internet, talking to each other, as clearly as you can via the
> telephone?
>
> If so how?
>
> Thanks.

There is MSN Messenger 6.1 that does audio and voice. Or I figure
if your savvy enough to set up a server specifically for long distance
calls, you could use one of the Voice programs for games, like Team
Speak...though at the moment, the best sound quality is with one called
Ventrillo. Keep in mind these are meant for gaming and team play, but
you could set up a server to use for long distance phone calls, as long
as both of you have the client. I have never set up a server for
these...so don't ask.

--
Night_Seer