Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > LCD Question

LCD Question

Mistercmk

I am looking at an LCD monitor, and want to know what you think of this
unit. I do most everything, but the monitor has to be good for games. I
read the reviews, and this one sounds like a nice unit, but I just want to
know what you guys think of it.
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...7&searchdepa=1

-Chris

DeMoN LaG

"Mistercmk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsXHGb.479384$275.1378889@attbi_s53:

> I am looking at an LCD monitor, and want to know what you think of
> this unit. I do most everything, but the monitor has to be good for
> games. I read the reviews, and this one sounds like a nice unit, but
> I just want to know what you guys think of it.
> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...t=Go&descripti
> on=24%2D006%2D067&searchdepa=1

A 16 msec response time would make it good for gaming.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Jerry G.

This is a fast response LCD monitor. But, for the response speed, you are
giving up a little on the viewing angles. For precise colour, if you are
going to do photo finishing, and other art work the narrower viewing angle
may be a bit of a drawback. There will be more colour and shading error to
the eye when viewed overall.

CRT monitors can be typically about 9 to 12 ms very easily. This one is
close, but not quite there. It will have the response time as like a CRT
monitor being run at the refresh rate of 60 Hz. There is no flicker with
LCD screens, because they are direct matrix high speed pixel addressed
rather than scanned in sequences of frames. The LCD screen problem is the
combination of the response time of the crystal latice structures, and how
fast the matrix can be addressed and written to.

As for being a Sony monitor, there is no question about its quality and
name. This would be an excellent monitor overall.

Take note that there are policies for bad pixels. Some may show as full
bright of one colour or white. There may also be some black pixels. This is
something that you would have to live with. It is normal for LCD monitors to
have a few bad pixels. In the blacks it is normal to sometimes have some
black shading faults as well.

We have 3 LCD monitors at the office, and I was able to find some small
defects on all of them. We have clients with LCD monitors, and there are
viewable small faults on most of them.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG