Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > musical email

musical email

Flagg

how would one go about embedding a song into an email...not an
attachment...i just want it so when the person opens it up a song starts to
play? using outlook 2000

Jerry G.

I don't think you can do this with Outlook 2000. You can do this very
easily with Outlook Express. I found Outlook Express to be better for
composing emails, even though it does not have all the other fancy options
that are in Outlook 2000.

MS Word can be used for composing emails. Outlook 2000 can be configured to
use Word as its editor. Buried in Word, in the email mode, there is a way to
embed sound. I have not done this, but I am sure it is in there.

You can also compose email in Frontpage. This is another feat. Your emails
will have to be written as if they are a webpage. You can then do some very
sophisticated emails!

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Flagg" <flagg(nospam)@esbauman.com> wrote in message
how would one go about embedding a song into an email...not an
attachment...i just want it so when the person opens it up a song starts to
play? using outlook 2000

Pepperoni

You can include the song as the background sound in the HTML. In OE, open a
new message and format/background/sound. add the path to the music file.
(check the box for continuous replay) Html must be enabled, so it won't work
well in newsgroups.

This is the same way you choose stationary color and theme, so you can
save your favorite stationary with sound included. You can write your own
design with sound, bars and buttons and even background pictures. Remember
to name and save your favorites to your stationery list.