Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Fat 32 question/help

Fat 32 question/help

KLATTU

Running Windows ME (fat 32 format) and wondering if there is a
work-around for un-zipping files larger than 4.0 gig? Downloaded a
..iso file that is around 4.4 gig and wanting to burn to DVD, would it
be possible to divide the .rar files into two files using Winrar or
similar product?????

KLATTU

HF

MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Shopping | Money | People & Chat
Home | Advanced Search | My Preferences | Submit a Site | Help | Web
Directory

----

Results 1-15 of about 53513 containing "file splitter" NEXT >>

WEB PAGES - ABOUT
File Splitter Deluxe - Shareware/split large files & rejoin
File splitter shareware download - Split and rejoin any file type ... FILE
SPLITTER DELUXE. This software allows you to split large files into just
about any file size. ...
www.softdd.com/filesplt

File Splitter download - 2HaveIt shareware and freeware
Detailed information and download for File Splitter on 2HaveIt.com,
shareware, freeware, and trialware. ... Description: File Splitter is a
leading file utility. Files are becoming larger and larger and utilities
such as zip ...
http://www.2haveit.com/listdetail.ph...8&ltype=search

Windows - File tools - File splitters
.... This is a really handy file splitter. July 21st, 2002 ...
www.tucows.com/system/filesplit95.html

Download DynuSplit FREE
Webmasterfree features DynuSplit. DynuSplit will cut a large file into
smaller pieces to enable ease of portability. The final set of files
generated are independent and do not need this program to be put together.
Rejoin.bat file generated along ...
www.webmasterfree.com/dynusplit.html

TC File-Splitter - Freeware Files.com - Utilities Category
User friendly file-splitter with many functions (compression, MD5). ...
HOME. Utilities. File Splitters. Pick A Category Business/Organize Desktop
Drivers Games Graphics Home/Education ...
http://www.freewarefiles.com/program...ryid=9&subcate...

Easy File Splitter and File Joiner Software
Easy File Splitter splits file by sizes or lines, join splitted file back to
the original one. Easy File Splitter, File Joiner
www.share2.com/filesplitter/file_splitter.htm

SellShareware.com Spotlight Program
.... Checkout this great SpotLight program below: File Splitter. Operating
System: Windows All Versions ...
http://www.sellshareware.com/Program...856&PrID=57295

Various software downloads including disk cleaner software, screensavers,
spy software and monitoring tools, photo edito
.... screensaver makers, avi and mpeg video tools, file splitter tools, spy
software and spyware remover programs, screen ...
www.softdd.com

File Splitter
.... File Splitter allows you to split files into smaller files and join them
into a whole file again. ...
www.martin2k.co.uk/vb6/exes/fs.php

WebMasterFree Categories
.... Another File Splitter program. However, this one is different in the
fact that it's free(!) and that it includes all ...
www.webmasterfree.com/software/700.html

Utilities/Drivers/System Files > File Compression Utilities > File Splitter
Deluxe 3.23c
Simtel is one of the largest software download sites available. We feature
downloads of shareware, trialware and demo software.
www.simtel.net/pub/pd/14679.shtml

file splitter
.... The File Splitter is a free Windows program that will split any file
into pieces of any size and later reconstruct the ...
fsplit.nease.net

Gosfish Apps - Blade's File-Splitter
.... Blade's File-Splitter will split ANY file into smaller segments, the
size of which you define. ...
www.geocities.com/gosfishapps/bladesplit.html

TUCOWS Preview Page for File Splitter Deluxe
TUCOWS is a massive collection of 'Internet Related' software. Tucows
supports all Windows platforms from 3x up to 2000 along with JAVA and BeOS.
.... File Splitter Deluxe. Version Number: 3.11 ...
international.tucows.com/preview/041-007-001-067C.html

BAC File Splitter Joiner v1.0 - Freeware Files.com - Utilities Category
Easy to use File Splitter/Joiner. ... HOME. Utilities. File Splitters. Pick
A Category Business/Organize Desktop Drivers Games Graphics Home/Education
http://www.freewarefiles.com/program...ryid=9&subcate...

Autosearch from the IE address bar has been improved. If you prefer, you can
restore the original settings.

Shopping Results
STOP MORE SPAM with MSN Internet Software

Results 1-15 of about 53513 containing "file splitter" NEXT >>

----
Find it on eBay.co.uk
eBay, the world
Click here to buy and sell "file splitter" on ebay.co.uk

Find ''file splitter'' at ThomsonLocal.com

Try MSN Internet Software for FREE!
MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Shopping | Money | People & Chat Help

2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use Advertise
TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement

"KLATTU" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Running Windows ME (fat 32 format) and wondering if there is a
> work-around for un-zipping files larger than 4.0 gig? Downloaded a
> .iso file that is around 4.4 gig and wanting to burn to DVD, would it
> be possible to divide the .rar files into two files using Winrar or
> similar product?????
>
> KLATTU

Jerry G.

If a backup utility came with ME, do a backup of the file as if it was a
system backup, but do it only for that one file to the CD disk. Backup
programs should normally split up the files to allow backups to smaller
interchangeable medias.

If you do not have a backup utility, there are some out there. I have no
idea about the free ones. These are generally not too expensive to purchase.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"KLATTU" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Running Windows ME (fat 32 format) and wondering if there is a
work-around for un-zipping files larger than 4.0 gig? Downloaded a
..iso file that is around 4.4 gig and wanting to burn to DVD, would it
be possible to divide the .rar files into two files using Winrar or
similar product?????

KLATTU

KLATTU

Maybe I'm not making myself clear on this one. I downloaded around
4.5 gigs of Rar files, (split into 50 meg sections) but when I try to
un-rar, the resulting file is larger than 4 gig, so fat32 will not let
me create the resulting .iso image. I have no problem splitting files,
as I have Hi-Split and others.
It occurred to me, that there might be some way to un-rar directly
to DVD using "Direct CD" or "DLA" (Drag Letter Access) or similar
program.

KLATTU

Michael-NC

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi..._decrypter.cfm

"KLATTU" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe I'm not making myself clear on this one. I downloaded around
> 4.5 gigs of Rar files, (split into 50 meg sections) but when I try to
> un-rar, the resulting file is larger than 4 gig, so fat32 will not let
> me create the resulting .iso image. I have no problem splitting files,
> as I have Hi-Split and others.
> It occurred to me, that there might be some way to un-rar directly
> to DVD using "Direct CD" or "DLA" (Drag Letter Access) or similar
> program.
>

> KLATTU

Zog Weaver

Hello,

I'm not at all sure here, but even if Direct CD or a similar packet writer
would let you un-rar directly to disc, wouldn't you still be screwed simply
because the amount of space taken up by the formatting utility would leave
you with considerably less that 4.5GB of space on the disc? I know when you
format a CD-R/W for use with Direct CD, it's brutal, you end up with
something like 550MB of useable space on a 650MB blank. If the proportion
is the same with DVD-R/Ws, your .iso isn't going to fit even if you can juke
it.

Zog

"KLATTU" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe I'm not making myself clear on this one. I downloaded around
> 4.5 gigs of Rar files, (split into 50 meg sections) but when I try to
> un-rar, the resulting file is larger than 4 gig, so fat32 will not let
> me create the resulting .iso image. I have no problem splitting files,
> as I have Hi-Split and others.
> It occurred to me, that there might be some way to un-rar directly
> to DVD using "Direct CD" or "DLA" (Drag Letter Access) or similar
> program.
>

> KLATTU

Swift

KLATTU wrote:

> Running Windows ME (fat 32 format) and wondering if there is a
> work-around for un-zipping files larger than 4.0 gig? Downloaded a
> .iso file that is around 4.4 gig and wanting to burn to DVD, would it
> be possible to divide the .rar files into two files using Winrar or
> similar product?????
>
> KLATTU

Not to be insensative to your plight, but honestly? The easiest work
around is to take WinME off the system and replace it with 2000 or XP.
You'll probably be happier with either of those than with WinME.

Swift