Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Kazaa is a curse on Computers

Kazaa is a curse on Computers

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

Just out of curiosity I download and installed Kazaa. What a mistake!
Got the dreaded bluescreen several times before I could get that
garbage off my computer. Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
Lubbock, Texas
kinserlow at hotmail dot com
homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

Matt Ferrari

"Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just out of curiosity I download and installed Kazaa. What a mistake!
> Got the dreaded bluescreen several times before I could get that
> garbage off my computer. Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
> Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.
>
> Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
> Lubbock, Texas

It is hard to find a spyware or adfree program but

http://www.winmx.com/ is a great program that has no ads/spyware.

you could also get kaaza lite... the url i had for them is broken now though
so I dont know where to get it.

Matt

DeMoN LaG

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
> Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.

Amazingly, I've got like 4 machines in my house with KazaaLite installed,
and none of them bluescreened at all from it.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Arno and Triny

because it is not kazaa it's kazaalite you have same name different sh...

"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
> > Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.
> >

> Amazingly, I've got like 4 machines in my house with KazaaLite installed,
> and none of them bluescreened at all from it.
>
> --
> AIM: FrznFoodClerk
> email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
> website: under construction
> email/IM for rates/services

HF

No It wasnt Kazaa that was the problem. Probably some other stuff you have
on.

"Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just out of curiosity I download and installed Kazaa. What a mistake!
> Got the dreaded bluescreen several times before I could get that
> garbage off my computer. Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
> Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.
>
> Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
> Lubbock, Texas
> kinserlow at hotmail dot com
> homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
> webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

Jerry G.

We found that if the software was for free, there was generally a catch with
it. Very few are free these days. People have to make a living to eat and
have a roof over their heads.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Just out of curiosity I download and installed Kazaa. What a mistake!
Got the dreaded bluescreen several times before I could get that
garbage off my computer. Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
Lubbock, Texas
kinserlow at hotmail dot com
homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

Michael-NC

www.overnet.com

"Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just out of curiosity I download and installed Kazaa. What a mistake!
> Got the dreaded bluescreen several times before I could get that
> garbage off my computer. Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
> Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.
>
> Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
> Lubbock, Texas
> kinserlow at hotmail dot com
> homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
> webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

Calvin Crumrine

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. wrote:
> Just out of curiosity I download and installed Kazaa. What a mistake!
> Got the dreaded bluescreen several times before I could get that
> garbage off my computer. Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
> Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.
>
> Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
> Lubbock, Texas
> kinserlow at hotmail dot com
> homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
> webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

Don't confuse the idea with the implementation. P2P is a wonderful idea.
I'm not sure that it will work because it, basically, relies on the
benevolence of people & I've never found that to be reliable. But I'd
like to be wrong and I occasionally am about things like this.

Regardless of the philosophy, there are many better P2P implementations
available.

Travis

You need lime wire It tells you if you are downloading a virus and it
ask you if you want to go on

Travis

DeMoN LaG wrote:

> Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>Had to run Spybot to get back to normal.
>>Believe me I have no interest in P2P now.
>>

> Amazingly, I've got like 4 machines in my house with KazaaLite installed,
> and none of them bluescreened at all from it.

Calvin Crumrine

And *why* would you want to go on if you're downloading a virus?