Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Capture video clips using my Dell Latitude & Video

Capture video clips using my Dell Latitude & Video

John \O\

Can anyone advise what the best and simplest way would be to capture TV
footage from my Video (VCR) to my Dell Latitude.

I currently have a EEE1394 firewire card with 2x ports (Is there such a
cable phono-Firewire)??

JD

Night_Seer

John "O" wrote:
> Can anyone advise what the best and simplest way would be to capture
> TV footage from my Video (VCR) to my Dell Latitude.
>
> I currently have a EEE1394 firewire card with 2x ports (Is there such
> a cable phono-Firewire)??
>
> JD

You need video in to do that...wither on your video card, or on a
seperate PCI card. It won't work through fire wire.

--
Night_Seer

John \O\

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John "O" wrote:
> > Can anyone advise what the best and simplest way would be to capture
> > TV footage from my Video (VCR) to my Dell Latitude.
> >
> > I currently have a EEE1394 firewire card with 2x ports (Is there such
> > a cable phono-Firewire)??
> >
> > JD

> You need video in to do that...wither on your video card, or on a
> seperate PCI card. It won't work through fire wire.
>
> --
> Night_Seer

I think you need to look at the question again as your not making sense....

I know I need video in but "what's the best way of getting around
this".....and YES it does work through Firewire...<Have I gone mad or is the
whole world following me> !!!!

JD