Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > New Computer Will Not Work.

New Computer Will Not Work.

spy

Hello all,
I am helping my BIL build his (our) first computer. We have
all the parts installed and pressed the power button. Everything
fired up that we could tell, but then nothing. The monitor would go
into standby, the CD and HD light would remain on. The fans are
running, but we are lost at this point. Any ideas?

The system is:

Soyo Ultra Dragon KT600 Socket A Barebone Black wilth 400Watt Ultra
Power Supply

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton"

HF

http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/ is where you will find help to check
everything.

"daults (spy)" <@comcsat.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
> I am helping my BIL build his (our) first computer. We have
> all the parts installed and pressed the power button. Everything
> fired up that we could tell, but then nothing. The monitor would go
> into standby, the CD and HD light would remain on. The fans are
> running, but we are lost at this point. Any ideas?
>
> The system is:
>
> Soyo Ultra Dragon KT600 Socket A Barebone Black wilth 400Watt Ultra
> Power Supply
>
> AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton"

one true yid

"daults (spy)" <@comcsat.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
> I am helping my BIL build his (our) first computer. We have
> all the parts installed and pressed the power button. Everything
> fired up that we could tell, but then nothing. The monitor would go
> into standby, the CD and HD light would remain on. The fans are
> running, but we are lost at this point. Any ideas?
>
> The system is:
>
> Soyo Ultra Dragon KT600 Socket A Barebone Black wilth 400Watt Ultra
> Power Supply
>
> AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton"

who's bil?

spy

Thanks, will check it out ASAP. May have found the problem with the
drives. Set the jumpers to "master" on both drives seeing they are on
different cables, I believe we should have set them to single. Never
worked on a system that didn't have 2 drives per cable so always used
master/slave setting.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:28:29 -0000, "HF" <(E-Mail Removed)21.co.uk> wrote:

>http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/ is where you will find help to check
>everything.
>

>"daults (spy)" <@comcsat.net> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hello all,
>> I am helping my BIL build his (our) first computer. We have
>> all the parts installed and pressed the power button. Everything
>> fired up that we could tell, but then nothing. The monitor would go
>> into standby, the CD and HD light would remain on. The fans are
>> running, but we are lost at this point. Any ideas?
>>
>> The system is:
>>
>> Soyo Ultra Dragon KT600 Socket A Barebone Black wilth 400Watt Ultra
>> Power Supply
>>
>> AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton"

spy

Sorry, brother-in-law...

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:27:59 -0000, "one true yid"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"daults (spy)" <@comcsat.net> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hello all,
>> I am helping my BIL build his (our) first computer. We have
>> all the parts installed and pressed the power button. Everything
>> fired up that we could tell, but then nothing. The monitor would go
>> into standby, the CD and HD light would remain on. The fans are
>> running, but we are lost at this point. Any ideas?
>>
>> The system is:
>>
>> Soyo Ultra Dragon KT600 Socket A Barebone Black wilth 400Watt Ultra
>> Power Supply
>>
>> AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton"

>who's bil?

new computer ordered with X64 ultimate. need to transfer from XP computer charles kuchar Windows 64bit 2 10-26-2009 11:33 AM
How to transfer programs and files of old computer to new computer? alan Computer Support 5 10-13-2008 01:35 PM
Old computer to new computer naguaramipana Computer Support 10 01-18-2008 04:21 AM
transfer of contents of HD in old computer to HD in new computer jim fisher Computer Support 3 08-05-2007 11:34 AM