Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > installing new hard drive

installing new hard drive

JC

I'm adding a new hard drive to my computer and I plan to run it as the
master (can I still say that?). I'm assuming I can jumper the old drive as
the slave and new drive as the master....... do I need to remove/rename the
windows folder on my old drive (in order to not "confuse" the system) or
will it be ignored since it is on the slave drive? I'd like to get
WindowsXP up and running on the new drive before I delete anything on the
old drive if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Zog Weaver

Hi JC,

Best bet would be to simply leave the old drive disconnected while you
install Windows on the new one. When everything is up and running,
reconnect the old drive, jumpered as a slave, and there should be no
confusion.

Zog

news:fR6Db.3196$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...