Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > SIP Gatekeeper

SIP Gatekeeper

Warrick FitzGerald

Hi All,

I recently learned about the Cisco Gatekeeper product line and was hoping
someone could help me with some more info.

In reading the docs I see that it supports H.323 well, so things like
netmeeting etc. should work fine, however I'm trying to get some VoIP
stuff to bypass my firewall and was hoping that someone could tell me if
the Gatekeeper supports SIP?

Thanks
Warrick

Andrew Zhilenko

Hello!

Warrick FitzGerald wrote:

> In reading the docs I see that it supports H.323 well, so things like
> netmeeting etc. should work fine, however I'm trying to get some VoIP
> stuff to bypass my firewall and was hoping that someone could tell me if
> the Gatekeeper supports SIP?

No, gatekeeper is for H323. For the SIP there is a "SIP registrar/proxy"
which does the similar tasks. There is a SIP server from Cisco as well as
from other vendors (IPTel, Porta Software).

WBR, Andrew
--
Andrew Zhilenko
Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,

voip question, call reject in gatekeeper Adam KOSA Cisco 1 05-05-2005 12:58 AM
Gatekeeper Stress Test adolfo.arizpe@gmail.com Cisco 0 02-24-2005 02:02 AM
gatekeeper and cdr david Cisco 1 05-27-2004 08:24 PM
How to register Cisco call manager to Cisco 3640 gatekeeper David Cisco 0 05-10-2004 10:13 AM
Proxy Gatekeeper ??? archstein Cisco 0 04-26-2004 03:01 AM

Advertisments